The NEW DRUGS update

Basko

Yesterday came out new chatlog update, introducing new updates for the drugs.

·         All drugs now have a purity value, which will affect the effects of each drugs

·         You can now cut cocaine and heroin with baking soda, which will divide by 2 the purity at each cut but multiply by 2 your number of drugs using /drugcut

·         You can now rename drugs using /drugname if they were not already named, allowing drug suppliers to create unique drug brands

·         You can now test cocaine and heroin purity with a NarcoCheck supplied through drug suppliers using /drugtest

·         You can now purchase Baking Soda at any 24/7

·         More drugs to cut and reagents will be added to the system with time, the goal is to build an advanced system based this from change.

·         Containers of drugs are still planned (baggies of coke inside a bag etc) once the inventory revamp is finished

The update is great, just one thing bothers me a lot. They created a script which will allow players to duplicate drugs. The problem I see in this update, it will destroy the drug market. Players will exaggerate the script, inflating market with drugs. The idea is great, but you guys need to understand how players act if there is something to duplicate, they will do it, probably in a large scale. 

I think IFM needs to overlook the whole duplication process  or players needs to get approval to duplicate from IFM. And why not create a new side drug, by cutting cocaine with baking soda, Crackcocaine.

What your thoughts guys?

• Upvote 1

I mean going off of what's stated I'll just leave it up to common courtesy rules. If your average joe is gonna go out and cut your drugs to make bigger profits and not expect retaliation, that's on them. If they keep doing it for big profit, common courtesy rules exist.

For now I'd just ride the wave and just keep an eye on the people who will abuse the system. 

• Upvote 1

I feel like you guys will just never be happy. You've been asking for updates for drugs forever. What did you really think that meant? The purpose of cutting drugs is literally to sneak other stuff into the product to bulk it up and make it look like more than what it is for profit.

Volume vs quality.

Edited by Koko
7 minutes ago, Koko said:

I feel like you guys will just never be happy. You've been asking for updates for drugs forever. What did you really think that meant? The purpose of cutting drugs is literally to sneak other stuff into the product to bulk it up and make it look like more than what it is for profit.

Volume vs quality.

Honestly, you're kinda derailing the thread. They're addressing an issue in a mature fashion. I'm usually in agreement with you but there's no harm from discussing how it can be fixed. They're not up in arms to turn it right around, they're asking if others feel this is an issue worth addressing. 😐

On the subject, I kinda agree that multiplying drugs would affect the market in a negative fashion, but perhaps make sure that the low "intensity" drugs actually appear to be lower in quality through the script. Aka their effects should be severely diminished, perhaps even with some side-effects (can't even make a guess, not too knowledgeable on drugs IRL).

Edited by yerro
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, yerro said:

Honestly, you're kinda derailing the thread. They're addressing an issue in a mature fashion. I'm usually in agreement with you but there's no harm from discussing how it can be fixed. They're not up in arms to turn it right around, they're asking if others feel this is an issue worth addressing. 😐

I know they are, but I assumed that everyone was in agreement on what putiry and cutting drugs implied? This is a big aspect of drug criminal enterprises IRL. I'm all up for discussion if people are unhappy, but if the concern is that people will abuse the script, report abusers. Otherwise the way I see it suppliers now make a choice between selling more, worse product to undiscerning customers or selling premium product potentially for more.

Cutting drugs would have always by definition upped the quantity of product in movement.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 1