Make Staff Reports Public

ThomasNoman

I agree with this to an extent. I would prefer what could be described as a "semi transparent" way of handling this, where the existence and the outcome of the report are public knowledge after the fact. This should only be the case if it turns out that there has been some wrong done by the member of staff.

This solutions gives the best of both worlds. People are aware of any misconduct that has occured (if it has), and if the situation requires looking into before the reported member of staff themselves is informed/approached about it, the investigation is not compromised.

Edited by Dawn

I'm going to lock this as it's been suggested numerous times before and the answer remains the same as it's always been, a resounding no. This isn't to say you are entirely wrong, we do value the transparency aspect and I can assure you we try to be as open as possible with whomever made the staff report, if they wish for an update on how it is proceeding and being handled, they are more than welcomed to ask in the private conversation the report was originally started in, though you need to understand that there is only a few of us in Staff Management and we all have lives outside of GTA World, so patience is key there.

Our staff work extremely hard day in and day out, they sacrifice time with their loved ones, families, friends and the like to ensure you all have a comfortable, safe and fun environment to roleplay in. Are they immune to making mistakes and absolutely perfect? No, nobody is and nobody ever will be. They are human like every single one of us. If they mess up, we talk to them and we sort it out privately. We're a staff team, we work together to ensure that mistakes are picked up upon and learned from. There is nothing to be gained in regards to opening them up to every single eye available, letting the people who dedicate hours, months and years of their time to assist you be publicly mocked and humiliated does nothing but negatively effect the team.

Once again, on the subject of openness and transparency, if you wish to know about your staff report's status and how the investigation into it is proceeding, you can ask and we'll do our best to get back to you in a timely manner. Otherwise, they will remain internal as they have since GTA World's inception, and how they will continue to remain.

• Upvote 3
  • Groz locked this topic