Vehicle Pursuits and Realism

ThomasNoman

Vehicle Pursuits and Realism

In this thread, I would like to discuss about LSPD's pursuit technique and procedures. I decided to take this to an OOC discussion because I see a problem with realism issue. To start off, I am going to be using @xanx's and @goddessoflife's videos from Youtube to further explain what I mean. For further notes, I never roleplayed an illegal character during my 300 hours in GTA World, and haven't gotten into any pursuits. My discussion and criticism right here is purely from the videos presented.

Videos

Spoiler

@xanx's video

@goddessoflife's video

Topics

Unrealistic Driving as a law enforcement officer using lights and sirens (CODE 3)

Blowing through red lights without clearing any intersections. 

Clearing intersections is mandatory to ensure the safety of civilians. They should slow down once approaching an intersection, making sure there's no traffic coming or at least have officers blocking those intersections, but still is not going to be enough. Regardless, you need to slow down.

Going over 120 MPH+ in the city area and in a very high speed on all areas especially alleyways.

Cops going 120 MPH+ is something very ridiculous and you don't see every day in real life. In fact, it rarely happens. With the valuable information, the license plate, obtained, pursuits should be terminated. BOLO can be put out after or any other procedures this server has.

Following suspects on incorrect lane of travel.

When suspect goes in an incorrect lane of travel, they should not follow them. They can still pursue them but not in the incorrect lane of travel. Maintain visual on the suspect, get air units, or any other solutions. If it's too dangerous then the pursuit again, needs to be called off. Public Safety is the most important thing.

Imagine normally driving in real life and see a cop car pursuing the suspect. In that case, the cop is the one held responsibility for the public safety.

Drifting around corners.

No cops do this in real life.

Driving on pavements and medians

It shows "play to win" attitude. Instead of driving on the road, they do anything, trying to get close to the suspect's vehicle in the fastest possible way.

When going through slopes, the officer in the video slows down, but not enough, causing his vehicle to "fly"

Not only that this is a problem for the public safety, but also the fact that you damage the department's vehicle. You should completely slow down to not "fly"

VIDEO BREAKDOWN

Suspect's vehicle rollover

xanx's video | 1:00

With this, you were still gonna follow the suspect? The pursuit should have been terminated at this point. Realistically, pursuit should have been called off the second you hit 120+ MPH anyway.

Suspect's going into canal areas

xanx's video | 10:30

It's unbelievable that you took the edges as a risk to follow the suspect's vehicle. You should have uses the main road, and let an air unit pursue the suspect, and then followed their callouts if you did not wish to terminate the pursuit. If there was no air unit, the pursuit should have been terminated.

Suspect's vehicle crash

xan'x video | 13:40

So, a major vehicle collision on a civilian on the hill, YET you still want to continue pursuit? WHAT? Did any of the units stop to take care of the collided civilian at all?

PIT Manuever on the suspect

xan'x video | 13:50

This is the most ridiculous part of all. The suspect was driving up the hill AT 100 MPH+, yet you still hit the suspect's vehicle back in an attempt to stop. Not only that the speed was too fast, but also that it was a HILL. Worst scene I've ever seen.

Ramming suspect

Goddessoflife's video | 4:30

So, there's a pole and a traffic device there near the highway, yet you still tried to ram and ram and ram. Looks like an action movie over here.

Boxing Suspect

Godessoflife's video | 5:20

What? So you boxed them and even when the vehicle was stopped you didn't move your vehicles away? Worst part here from Godessoflife is that he took his risk, staying beside the driver just to "secure" them when another units were already on foot, pointing guns to the suspect's head. What if there's someone hiding in the backseat and suddenly just shoot your head?

Crossfire

Godessoflife's video | 5:50

The officer right there with a tazer was aiming directly at the officer holding a shotgun. This was unnecessary despite unintended. The most that officer should have done was to move to the cruiser and work from there.

While I understand the road is empty, and thus allowing for a suspect to easily drive anywhere, and the cops need to follow them, but hey, isn't this a "realistic" roleplay server? If the problem is with the road being empty then some kind of rules should be thought, not just go along with it. This is the most unrealistic thing I see on GTA World, and should be fixed. If an illegal roleplayer is going to be punished for "robbing someone in broad daylight at Vespucci Beach" because 'realistically', there's people around there, then also in this case 'realistically' there should be cars on the street too. I would like to see some discussions regarding this. Or this is an "exception"?

Edited by ThomasNoman
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 3

I think u should be more worried by the fact that pd still box cars in and not the speed they’re going at 

this seems more like a gripe with these 2 ppl so id suggest reporting them to pd leadership if u really care that much

Edited by Declan
  • effion locked this topic

Locking this because of a few things: 
1. Neither Xanx nor Goddessoflife are answerable to you.

2. PD has internal regulations on how pursuits work.
3. You're talking about the FACTION as a whole. I will quote this from the Police Department and You thread - "Our faction has more than a hundred players in it and will continue to grow. My fellow leaders and I are not present for every interaction you might have with any INDIVIDUAL faction member, and thus I would like you to refrain from posting complaints about individual interactions in this thread."
4. Your tone is really aggressive in this whole thread.

I'll however point you in the right direction regardless.

This one:

The thread is very self explanatory.

As well as: 

If you believe Xanx/Goddessoflife have broken any rules then refer to the above topic.

And yes, as Declan suggested - you can even take this directly up with PD Leadership who you can easily find in the PD forums - https://lspd.gta.world/index.php

In the future however please, lay off the attitude and try to discuss things in a more calm manner. Thanks.

Edited by effion
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2