Add Appeals for all kind of punishments

MS

On 11/22/2020 at 6:35 PM, Wirbelwind said:

You appeal admin decisions/punishments that aren't bans through staff reports.

That's the way it currently stands but I agree with this suggestion.

If I were to receive some sort of light punishment, that wouldn't mean that I want the administrator punished. I would just want it removed from my record (if said appeal was accepted). Administrators can make mistakes too, they are people, it doesn't mean they have to be punished for it. Sometimes it may not even be a mistake but rather a situation in which new evidence comes to light. Should the administrator face repercussions as part of a staff report? No.

I support this. 

3 hours ago, Tempesto said:

That's the way it currently stands but I agree with this suggestion.

If I were to receive some sort of light punishment, that wouldn't mean that I want the administrator punished. I would just want it removed from my record (if said appeal was accepted). Administrators can make mistakes too, they are people, it doesn't mean they have to be punished for it. Sometimes it may not even be a mistake but rather a situation in which new evidence comes to light. Should the administrator face repercussions as part of a staff report? No.

I support this. 

Ah, I get you! But all the same, you can just put "I don't want x punished" into the desired outcome section. It's happened before, and it is fully feasible to do so!

On 12/3/2020 at 2:04 PM, Wirbelwind said:

Ah, I get you! But all the same, you can just put "I don't want x punished" into the desired outcome section. It's happened before, and it is fully feasible to do so!

Alright, fair point. I guess that's a solution too. I'm not part of staff so I don't know how much this suggestion would help with organization, I just know that the more organized we are, the better. 

See admin reports are for when that admin made a mistake and you recived  punishment because of the admin's mistake , but for example you broke a rule and recived a punishment long time ago when you were a new player and you didn't know everything about rules . Now you still have that admin record even if it is for when you were a newbie and you wanna get rid of it but there is no way ! and this record doesn't let you to join some factions and do some other activities in server ( For example joining JSA require a clean admin record ) . These appeals are usefull for situations like this , Admin reports are for diffrent situations as well .

Edited by MS

He is basically saying there should be a way to appeal a jail to be removed from your record so you can once again have a fresh slate, since some things on the server you won't be able to do if you had a record of jails.

Personally, I don't think it should be 100% removed from your record as it still happened, but it should say somewhere that you appealed it and learned from your actions, and there should be a way to be able to join certain roleplay opportunities if you waited a period of time/appealed it and it was deemed you've learned your lesson.

Edited by Juicebox.
  • mj2002 locked this topic