Add Appeals for all kind of punishments

MS

Hello everyone I was thinking about adding appeals for all kind of punishments in server ( I mean warnings or admin jails ) because some times you are not guilty but recive a punishment or your punishment is for very old times but it is still with you and do not let you to do lots of things If you add such a thing it would be really great 

Kind regards

Edited by MS

Appeals aren't an instant thing. If you get jailed, both if it is your fault or if it is the Admin's, it's probably quicker to wait untill the jail time is over and in the mean time talk to the Admin who jailed you. If you think it's the Admin's fault, you can still report him afterwards and, if you win the report, then the jail doesn't count anymore. If it's your fault, appealing won't really help you because by the time it gets a final response your jail time will be more than over. This applies to all kind of punishiments.

Edited by Sh4rp

No I mean for example after some months you send a punishment appeal for one of your warnings ( you got this warning some months ago ) because you want to have a clean record or other reasons not when you are in jail or some thing because when you are in admin jail if it is you fault you have to serve it of course but if you think it is admin fault you can send out a staff report and ....

@Sh4rp

6 minutes ago, MS said:

No I mean for example after some months you send a punishment appeal for one of your warnings ( you got this warning some months ago ) because you want to have a clean record or other reasons not when you are in jail or some thing because when you are in admin jail if it is you fault you have to serve it of course but if you think it is admin fault you can send out a staff report and ....

@Sh4rp

I’m sorry but what did you just attempt to say? 

• Applaud 1
On 11/22/2020 at 11:35 AM, Wirbelwind said:

You appeal admin decisions/punishments that aren't bans through staff reports.

Wirel summarized it pretty well. You can always go with the approach in attempting to contact the admin first, but to actually *appeal* something that isn't a ban, a staff report must be made.

+1

On 11/22/2020 at 10:35 AM, Wirbelwind said:

You appeal admin decisions/punishments that aren't bans through staff reports.

i've been waiting for a staff report to be answered for roughly 4 months after nervous promised to answer it within a day in a private discord server

Edited by 18Cowboys
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, 18Cowboys said:

+1

i've been waiting for a staff report to be answered for roughly 4 months after nervous promised to answer it within a day in a private discord server

Generally if it's on a Discord, it's easy to forget. Best to remind him through a forum PM in that case, I suppose!

Honestly, I can't see a formal appeal process for most punishments happening outside of Staff Reports but at the same time it can bring to light more instances of staff mistakes (or in rare cases, abuse) but like Wirbel said, the Staff Reports section seems to be good enough for now.

A formal separate appeals process still has my support.

Eh.. That's why staff reports exist. If you believe that you warned, kicked, or admin jailed for a reason that you do not agree with, you should make a staff report. Appeals are there for people to appeal both their mutes and their bans. A staff report would work perfectly fine.

• mj2002 locked this topic