FD and the lack of urgency.

DoomedAmerica

2 hours ago, KinnyWynny said:

*snip*

Out of likes for today but I can't stress it enough how much I agree with every single point made here.

I'd suggest that while looking for EMTs, you could google the types of traumas that your character is experiencing and try to understand what kinda blood pressure / breathing rate and injuries they'd have, and then set them up through /setinjuries. Any information is better than nothing, even telling people that you're conscious and blinking cluelessly would give them an idea that you're conscious though possibly unresponsive.

On a side note, I've had this on my mind for a while — can the FD perhaps set up a channel where players could ask about RPing injuries? Kind of similar to how the mapping team has a channel. I obviously don't want to make it a commitment for anyone to answer, but it seems like the area you'd frequently go to FD to ask for their opinion as usually they're more educated on the subject.

Additionally, it'd be really cool to have a brief guide on RPing various injuries composed by some FD member, but again, don't really wanna put any responsibility on you guys, these are just ideas.

FD's come a long way from the 30 minute scenes that were, really, roadside surgeries. At this point, I don't think there's any issues with their urgency. They have been taught well over the past year or so.

There's still some issues, but certain things just can't be perfect on text roleplay servers like ours. Gotta cut some slack. 

1 hour ago, yerro said:

Out of likes for today but I can't stress it enough how much I agree with every single point made here.

I'd suggest that while looking for EMTs, you could google the types of traumas that your character is experiencing and try to understand what kinda blood pressure / breathing rate and injuries they'd have, and then set them up through /setinjuries. Any information is better than nothing, even telling people that you're conscious and blinking cluelessly would give them an idea that you're conscious though possibly unresponsive.

On a side note, I've had this on my mind for a while — can the FD perhaps set up a channel where players could ask about RPing injuries? Kind of similar to how the mapping team has a channel. I obviously don't want to make it a commitment for anyone to answer, but it seems like the area you'd frequently go to FD to ask for their opinion as usually they're more educated on the subject.

Additionally, it'd be really cool to have a brief guide on RPing various injuries composed by some FD member, but again, don't really wanna put any responsibility on you guys, these are just ideas.

Honestly if you ever have questions related to injuries or conditions, I can mostly answer them or find an answer for you, you can always PM me here Weatherguy#9674. However if you're on scene or confused, just PM one of the EMT's on scene, they'll usually help.

As for a guide or something, it's actually fairly straight forward for trauma injuries. The basic idea is this, your body is compensating for a lack of something, lack of oxygen, faster breathing, lack of blood volume, the heart will pump faster. If you get shot and are bleeding, your pulse will be higher then normal, while your blood pressure will drop, and it'll continue until you eventually crash and go into cardiac arrest, aka dying. There are /plenty/ of exceptions, from medical conditions, to hypovolemic shock and shock in general. So maybe a thread or guide would be fantastic to help out. Not sure if a chat or anything like that would work practically.

And side note, if you're unconscious, that is a serious medical injury, if you were shot, and go unconscious, you're probably inches away from death. Please don't go unconscious everytime you get injured. Even people who get hit in the head are more likely to be dazed and concussed then unconscious. Being K/O'd is a serious medical injury that indicates a brain bleed or traumatic brain injuries that yes, lead to brain damage so. Be mindful of when you go unconscious. It's a lot more fun treating a victim who's screaming in pain then treating what is essentially a cadaver on the street. It'll also be way more fun for you in general.

Edited by KinnyWynny
  • Upvote 2

@DoomedAmerica

Hey there o/

As you may suspect - I am member of the LSFD faction and I heavily disagree with your statement here, and I wanna bring up one thing that you haven't done and you should be doing before doing random posts of such sort where you just trash talk FD without providing any solution.

Next time you decide to post such a post, please go to the internet, do your research on how things work for the department we're representing, and then go ahead and make a structured post where you explain the issues clearly. Once you do all that, go ahead and write below a solution. Try and explain what kind of changes you'd implement to our protocols and training courses that is actually legitimate and realistic.

From what I see, you're complaining that you weren't taken to hospital fast enough so you can go back to your mates to RP whatever you desire. And you came up with this post that only says "They didn't take me into the Ambulance fast enough, they're slacking" which also does not provide any solution, you only said "IRL they do it that way..", well, I think that three pages with posts proved you wrong.

On 11/22/2020 at 12:40 PM, DoomedAmerica said:

Okay lets start off with this. I am not shitting or hating on FD.

However I have known that more times than one FD lacks urgency badly.

People will be on the ground bleeding out and it takes them like 5-6 minutes to even get them in the ambulance. They do things like checking pulse, ect but when IRL someone is suffering GSW's first responders 1. Apply pressure 2. Get them in some sort of vehicle 3. Deal with things like pulse, injures while they are being transported. Why isn't it like this on the server, if someone's bleeding out you aren't gonna check their fucking pulse why they lay on the ground you aren't gonna ask "who did it" or "did you see anything" they should be instantly placed into an ambulance and then floored to the hospital.  

Wow it's almost like FD is there to roleplay and not to play some NPCs that throw you into an ambulance.

Those 5 minutes of GSW RP is what they signed up for. Not to be your taxi to the hospital.

• Upvote 1
On 11/22/2020 at 6:40 AM, DoomedAmerica said:

Okay lets start off with this. I am not shitting or hating on FD.

However I have known that more times than one FD lacks urgency badly.

People will be on the ground bleeding out and it takes them like 5-6 minutes to even get them in the ambulance. They do things like checking pulse, ect but when IRL someone is suffering GSW's first responders 1. Apply pressure 2. Get them in some sort of vehicle 3. Deal with things like pulse, injures while they are being transported. Why isn't it like this on the server, if someone's bleeding out you aren't gonna check their fucking pulse why they lay on the ground you aren't gonna ask "who did it" or "did you see anything" they should be instantly placed into an ambulance and then floored to the hospital.  

I think the FD needs to take steps towards simplifying their role-play a little bit, and focusing on transport rather than treating a patient as if they were in hospital. I understand that this may blur the lines between reality and fiction, but I think this is what we need on GTAW. I understand that medics join the faction because they are interested in medical role-play, but why not start working the hospital again? Provide detailed care-based role-play to those that want it at the hospital and allow the EMTs to work on getting the patient to the hospital quickly.

Edited by Stephen