FD and the lack of urgency.

DoomedAmerica

5 minutes ago, KoishiKomeiji said:

I think I sense some sarcasm here. All you need for evidence in the courtcase is a screenshot of your /damages. I'll leave you with what I said before: 

There was no actual damage on me, because it was all Roleplay. If I write up a /me hits KoishiKomeiji with his fist in his face, I don't need to actually hit you. My point is, that it's not that hard to fill out a simple forum code for me, so we both can have some roleplay. But alright, thanks for helping. I'll know for the next time.

EDIT: Don't consider my previous posts as faction bashing, I was just raising my opinion and trying to find a solution.

Edited by .Pluto.
1 minute ago, .Pluto. said:

There was no actual damage on me, because it was all Roleplay. If I write up a /me hits KoishiKomeiji with his fist in his face, I don't need to actually hit you. My point is, that it's not that hard to fill out a simple forum code for me, so we both can have some roleplay. But alright, thanks for helping. I'll know for the next time.

Thats what /setinjuries is for. 

Even in a load and go scenario, you will not be having a scene assessed and the person loaded up within 5-6 minutes. Depending on the situation and injuries, additional care has to be given to ensure the patient is halfway stabilized for transport. Naturally, this can take its time, especially on a text based roleplay server. Things that go along in mere seconds IRL take their time in game - player A doing an emote, asking on a response from player B and then the reponse given from player B.

Whilst transports IRL can take up to half an hour to a full hour in worst case depending where you need to be transported to and available beds, a lot of things can be done on the go. Of course, in case of a gun shot wound, you will be heading to the nearest hospital that has the capabilities to treat said injury. Usually, after getting a basic assessment, you monitor their - ideally - stable condition during transport and handle necessary paperwork. On LSRP, transports do not take nearly as long and before you typed out your first one or two emotes, your partner already arrived at the hospital hence most roleplay is done on scene - otherwise you would have to put the transport into relation to the pace of text emotes and take a good amount of time to arrive at a hospital.

So yeah, medical roleplay and text based roleplay in general is not as fluent as real life. Emotes have to be typed out, read, asked, responded to...things that go hand in hand can take anywhere between five minutes to hours. I have not had as many touch ups with the LSFD, but from what I have seen there is a decent balance between a steady pace and proper effort put into the roleplay. And frankly, I would not want to skip out in important details / treatment in a life threatening situation just to be put into an ambulance and driven to a hospital with minimal or no roleplay at all - if I wanted that, I'd just play vanilla GTA and watch the NPC ambulance going about.

As for the medical record - whilst on LSRP the Fire Department held a hospital sector, that is not the case in real life, nor on GTA:W. From what I know there is an actual hospital in the works and a handful of private clinics existing that can help you out with such matters. Otherwise there is unfortunately only the option for an NPC to fill the gap.

10 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

EDIT: Don't consider my previous posts as faction bashing, I was just raising my opinion and trying to find a solution.

I think the point they're trying to portray is that it's not their job to fill out medical reports cause they already have countless of other reports they have to fill out just so they keep their job.

If you want to roleplay something like this, then forcing someone from the LSFD to fill out something they shouldn't be filling out at all is not the right way to go about doing it.

As they said, stuff like this is filled out by the hospital so in the matter of a court case, you are basically just required to take a picture or screenshot of your /setinjuries and that is all you are required to do.

Just now, Biscuit said:

As they said, stuff like this is filled out by the hospital so in the matter of a court case, you are basically just required to take a picture or screenshot of your /setinjuries and that is all you are required to do.

And I, as a new player on GTA World didn't know that (and they knew I'm a new player OOCly, as I mention that as soon as PD and FD came to the scene). So, is it pointless to /setinjuries now, 9 days after the incident, just so I can take a simple screenshot for the evidence? And, I wouldn't force this that much, but the Detectives assigned to the case told me I should bother LSFD about it, so...

1 minute ago, .Pluto. said:

And I, as a new player on GTA World didn't know that (and they knew I'm a new player OOCly, as I mention that as soon as PD and FD came to the scene). So, is it pointless to /setinjuries now, 9 days after the incident, just so I can take a simple screenshot for the evidence? And, I wouldn't force this that much, but the Detectives assigned to the case told me I should bother LSFD about it, so...

Now you know, either way, LSFD is not the right way to get what you need. I myself have no clue what you need to do to get a medical report. But that's how it be and how it do.

It's a two-way street, IRL it would take but mere seconds as others have said, whilst in-game you need to take into account that there is a lot of text running by, you'd need to read it and respond to it and even think about your response so those two seconds that some actions take, in-game will take 5 minutes. 

Some people even miss a question, whilst the other party patiently waits for the answer. All this together adds up to a long time outside even tho' IRL you might be whisked away in a few minutes.

And as they say, FD doesn't do Hospital RP, they are NPC'd but if you feel the need that Hospital RP is essential, maybe it's a good idea to make it a faction on its own and start it yourself? Not sure if it's already been done.

2 hours ago, DoomedAmerica said:

Okay lets start off with this. I am not shitting or hating on FD.

However I have known that more times than one FD lacks urgency badly.

People will be on the ground bleeding out and it takes them like 5-6 minutes to even get them in the ambulance. They do things like checking pulse, ect but when IRL someone is suffering GSW's first responders 1. Apply pressure 2. Get them in some sort of vehicle 3. Deal with things like pulse, injures while they are being transported. Why isn't it like this on the server, if someone's bleeding out you aren't gonna check their fucking pulse why they lay on the ground you aren't gonna ask "who did it" or "did you see anything" they should be instantly placed into an ambulance and then floored to the hospital.  

From (recent former) experience: More often than not, it's the lack of urgency from patients. They don't prioritize responding to the RP offered to them by the FD personnel responding to the situation that has them fighting for their life.

Obviously there's always room for improvement, but as mentioned before, time should be seen more fluid in those situations as FD personnel can't just walk up to the shot individual and go: oh, ok, start applying pressure and hauling them off, without asking stuff, or if you will, properly roleplaying.

Finally, and more importantly: I think every person that has a character in FD, can attest to the fact that people who get shot usually prioritize these things: PM-ing their friends, discussing stuff in /b. There are probably more of those situations that often get priority over responding to the player/character trying to offer them a meaningful experience by interacting with them as a human being and saving the character's life in a way that is as realistic as possible. Most 911 calls for FD are so close to the hospital the patients are dropped off at, the drive itself isn't long enough to type even one proper emote. (Davis LTD > Davis Central isn't more than 10,15 seconds to drive on emergency)

Hey, former Academy director here for the LSFD and current paramedic student, let me add in some insight.

Emergency Medical Services have evolved a lot from the 1970s throw them in the ambulance and run mentality. First off, ambulances will take a minute on scene to assess and stabilize, in a heavy trauma situation, they call it a trauma alert that gives the crew TEN minutes to assess, treat, and roll to the hospital. This is in heavy trauma situations with numerous life threatening injuries.

This same idea translate into the game itself, however the LSFD is going to have a delay of multiple things; patients not responding to roleplay, waiting for a reply to a question, and having to type out said roleplay. No FF/Paramedic worth their salt is going to spend an hour shoving an IV into you, but most never get to an IV, because they’re waiting for the player to wake up and respond.

Most heavy GSW traumas take awhile NOT because of FD, but because of the players who get shot. If everything goes smoothly, and you’ve been shot, it should like the following

ambulance arrives, assess scene, then patient, determine safety, determine patient condition, pat them down for trauma injuries, control bleeding, load onto gurney, assess airway and breathing in the ambulance (sometimes we’ll do this on scene because the ambulance doesnt have a working interior for multiple people) and finally they will go to hospital.

Why don’t we load and go? Treat in the ambulance? Because that is frankly robomedic behavior and its BORING as all hell. Not to mention in a all hands trauma, one paramedic or EMT can’t get a hold on bleeding alone. That patient will die enroute to hospital nine times out of ten unless you get exterior bleeding under control.

Every FD member has had the same training since march give or take. They know what to do when it comes to trauma, its really the only call FD gets. Basically a gunshot wound in Davis, its usually the same. Person is afking, multiple gunshots to the everywhere, and very little RP besides FD, because the guy doesnt care. Which is demotivating as hell.

Thats why FD tends to roleplay as much as they can on these scenes without being excessive, the only thing pass those Rescue doors is a NPC hospital so, whats the rush?

• Upvote 8
  • Applaud 2