Jump to content

FD and the lack of urgency.


DoomedAmerica

Recommended Posts

Okay lets start off with this. I am not shitting or hating on FD.

However I have known that more times than one FD lacks urgency badly.

People will be on the ground bleeding out and it takes them like 5-6 minutes to even get them in the ambulance. They do things like checking pulse, ect but when IRL someone is suffering GSW's first responders 1. Apply pressure 2. Get them in some sort of vehicle 3. Deal with things like pulse, injures while they are being transported. Why isn't it like this on the server, if someone's bleeding out you aren't gonna check their fucking pulse why they lay on the ground you aren't gonna ask "who did it" or "did you see anything" they should be instantly placed into an ambulance and then floored to the hospital.  

Link to comment

Personally, I didn't see the stuff you mentioned here in game, but I think they're lacking on some other stuff. I've been asking for my medical report for 9 days now, and I tried everything. Calling non-emergency line in game, going to the hospital, filling out the contact form on the forums, asking for them in the discord, and I still didn't get my medical report so I can press the charges on the people who attacked me. It kinda ruined my Roleplay and immersion of that faction. But, they're pretty active in game as far as I can see, and that's a positive thing IMO. Not everything needs to be like in real life, at the end of the day, this is just a game, and not everyone is super paramedic surgeon doctor.

Link to comment

Hello. Ex-Head of Training and Recruitment for FD here.

 

When I took over the department in 2018 scenes could easily take around 30 minutes. If not more. My biggest push was to train new Firefighters to engage with patients in (relatively) meaningful RP and to prevent them being puppeteered for passive medical RP. My aim was to take between 5 to 15 minutes max for more complex scenes, and it was relatively successful.

 

There was a tendency to follow the BLS handbook to a T, which is something that was discouraged. In any case, I think that 5 to 10 minutes of medical RP sounds very reasonable considering FD aren't just bots that take you to a hospital. The attitude though should be one of generating RP interactions nonetheless, more personal care of the patient rather than asking OOC medical questions they don't always know how to answer. Non-medical RPers should ideally humor FD to some extent, and FD should remember that not everyone enjoys medical RP forced upon them, and go into scenes with more of an interactive RP approach. Not calling out anyone specifically here, just speaking generally.

 

My humble two cents.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
41 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Personally, I didn't see the stuff you mentioned here in game, but I think they're lacking on some other stuff. I've been asking for my medical report for 9 days now, and I tried everything. Calling non-emergency line in game, going to the hospital, filling out the contact form on the forums, asking for them in the discord, and I still didn't get my medical report so I can press the charges on the people who attacked me. It kinda ruined my Roleplay and immersion of that faction. But, they're pretty active in game as far as I can see, and that's a positive thing IMO. Not everything needs to be like in real life, at the end of the day, this is just a game, and not everyone is super paramedic surgeon doctor.

Like real life, FD doesn't hold medical records. Hospitals do. So Roleplay wise you'd contact a hospital. The LSFD on GTAW Doesn't handle the hospitals.

 

As for the original poster, I think this is mildly exaggerated. It's a roleplay server so not everything is gonna happen as fast as it does in real life because of the amount of typing needed. I think if people don't want to interact with FD, don't get into situations where you need FD. Though, I think in any sense on a roleplay server, you need to humour us a little bit. We aren't going to skip over our main source of roleplay just because people don't have the patience to roleplay with us.

Edited by KoishiKomeiji
Link to comment
Just now, KoishiKomeiji said:

Like real life, FD doesn't hold medical records. Hospitals do. So Roleplay wise you'd contact a hospital. The LSFD on GTAW Doesn't handle the hospitals.

So you want to tell me that I should Roleplay with an imaginary guy in the hospital and get my medical report that way? Okay.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

So you want to tell me that I should Roleplay with an imaginary guy in the hospital and get my medical report that way? Okay.

Like I said, we don't handle the hospital side of things in the LSFD and anyone in the faction with me can back that up. It's NPC'd as soon as we take you out of the ambulance. So, yes I am.

Edited by KoishiKomeiji
Link to comment
Just now, KoishiKomeiji said:

Like I said, we don't handle the hospital side of things in the LSFD and anyone in the faction with me can back that up. It's NPC'd as soon as we take you out of the ambulance.

So I should also ask the imaginary guy from the hospital to give me his imaginary discord profile so I can add him as my imaginary friend on the discord, and ask the imaginary guy on the discord to fill out a simple forum code for me so I could have my actual evidence so I can press the charges? 

Link to comment
Just now, .Pluto. said:

So I should also ask the imaginary guy from the hospital to give me his imaginary discord profile so I can add him as my imaginary friend on the discord, and ask the imaginary guy on the discord to fill out a simple forum code for me so I could have my actual evidence so I can press the charges? 

I think I sense some sarcasm here. All you need for evidence in the courtcase is a screenshot of your /damages. I'll leave you with what I said before: 

 

6 minutes ago, KoishiKomeiji said:

Like real life, FD doesn't hold medical records. Hospitals do. So Roleplay wise you'd contact a hospital. The LSFD on GTAW Doesn't handle the hospitals.

 

 

Link to comment

That is called multi-tasking in a text-based envrionment.

 

It is in the nature of such role-play. Our actions that would take only a few seconds in real-life can translate into minutes in-game based on how fast we type. That is also essential to immerse ourselves on scenes and achieve the best P2P interaction. The following must be met in order to provide the best RP from our side:

  1. What are the wound(s) of the player?
  2. How responsive the player is?
  3. How fast the involved parties type?

And more. Yes, you are allowed to evaluate a player's pulse while boarding them and cover them with a blanket if necessary, all in a short span of time. That can take up to minimum 5, maximum 15-20 minutes of your time, which of course would take much less in real-life. We should always acknowledge the significant difference between the real and in-game time for the best of all parties.

Edited by Vitta
Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...