Please don't add anymore snow after this one, here's why. [POLL ATTACHED]

Naeno

I like how people in the thread are all likr hurrr hurr mallrats voted for snow hurr hurr, but the poll was even announced IG at peak time with like 500 people online. Even if only half voted, I honestly doubt they were all mallrats who drift their cars all day. It's only for abouy 2 days, I don't know why people hate it so much.

Just now, Sammux said:

I like how people in the thread are all likr hurrr hurr mallrats voted for snow hurr hurr, but the poll was even announced IG at peak time with like 500 people online. Even if only half voted, I honestly doubt they were all mallrats who drift their cars all day. It's only for abouy 2 days, I don't know why people hate it so much.

My game is lagging, it's hard to play for me, the snow is all over my living room, is that hard to understand?

Just now, .Pluto. said:

My game is lagging, it's hard to play for me, the snow is all over my living room, is that hard to understand?

As said, if they can make it so it doesn't impact interiors, cool, I'm all for it. But because community member #23827 is having issues with his PC not handling a 7 year old game, lets remove it.

Just now, lux said:

How does it ruin your immersion, exactly? I'm interested.

To me, San Andreas climate is that of dry subtropics, an area that struggles with drought and hardly ever gets snow — once in many years sort of occasion. And when it does, it doesn't look like NYC snow either — it's not as thick and it melts away fast, too.

I'm one of the people that doesn't really need much to go on to start RPing, but I take my environment seriously. I can't roleplay in an environment that I feel I can't tune into, and I can't regard SA having snow as a regular occasion no matter how much I'd want to.

I'm even roleplaying my character's skin issues and freckles given that he's fairly pale and not originally born in the tropics, either.

What's worse? The whole "snow for 2 days" feels half-assed. There are no news covering it, it's just a random "hey, a fuckton of snow outside, have fun!" to "hey, it's back sunny". It's like the entire island is taking a trip to Seattle and then back.

Let me stress this again, I don't hate snow in games. I don't want to kill anyone's fun. And I don't choose to dislike snow in SA — it's just how I see this world that I choose to roleplay in.

1 minute ago, .Pluto. said:

It's not raining for me in any interior on the server. But the snow is all over my living room. I'm not shitting all over management and their idea, but they could actually open the forum poll about the snow, and we would see the results, I'm pretty sure many more people would be against it, even the discord poll that they published got deleted, so how could I know who wants the snow and who not? Big decisions, like putting the snow on the server should be discussed through forums, the poll should be there for 2-3 days at least so that 70-80% of the community can actually vote, not putting the poll on the discord for two hours so only the snow squad can vote, and then delete the poll after that. Are we shitting on staff team or they're shitting on us?

https://strawpoll.com/cfy2assp5/r
here's the 'deleted' poll results

1 minute ago, yerro said:

Yeah, that took place on Discord, a place where the majority of people, again, aren't known to be mature and even if they were, that's not a part of the community that can represent the rest of the roleplayers here.

AFAIK everyone has discord right, or atleast a majority. Even the people that are mature, do have discord, and #announcements isn't plagued by everything that goes on in general, no?

• Doosty locked this topic