Please don't add anymore snow after this one, here's why. [POLL ATTACHED]

Naeno

From my experience with working in the game industry (mostly mobile games and one PC game), there's an average of 10% of your audience that actually get involved in the community one way or another. Sure, that number can fluctuate per how broad or niche a game is, but I've found that 10% is a good guess as far as most titles and communities go.

It's frustrating to me personally that management decided to go with a day-long (or even less?) poll in a place that's fairly not known for having mature and serious discussions. If anything, it's known to have a rather small number of very vocal players whose approach to the lore of GTAW is a tiny bit different than that of the continuity team.

I don't know if a forum vote is going to yield better results, but I'm wholly convinced that the majority of players in the game do not want to play around with snow. And it's again frustrating to see management appeal to that vocal minority instead of staying true to the idea that GTAW is supposed to be a heavy RP server.

Edited by yerro
2 minutes ago, Basko said:

3 days will destroy your rp? Cmon, just don't go online.

kind of agree with this

i think having snow is nice to spice things up a bit. its only for 2 days. it 'breaks' interiors by snowing inside, but i feel like that's pretty easy to look over

4 minutes ago, yerro said:

From my experience with working in the game industry (mostly mobile games and one PC game), there's an average of 10% of your audience that actually get involved in the community one way or another. Sure, that number can fluctuate per how broad or niche a game is, but I've found that 10% is a good guess as far as most titles and communities go.

It's frustrating to me personally that management decided to go with a day-long (or even less?) poll in a place that's fairly not known for having mature and serious discussions. If anything, it's known to have a rather small number of very vocal players whose approach to the lore of GTAW is a tiny bit different than that of the continuity team.

I don't know if a forum vote is going to yield better results, but I'm wholly convinced that the majority of players in the game do not want to play around with snow. And it's again frustrating to see management appeal to that vocal minority instead of staying true to the idea that GTAW is supposed to be a heavy RP server.

They didn't go with the poll posted on Discord, I feel Bjork mentioned this on the same day - don't take my word on this though. This was obviously discussed by the staff team and they reached an agreement. 

Edited by Woona

About the interiors part, an admin probably Pillsbury announced that: Nervous will come online and get a fix (if that's a majority issue) secondly "snow" addition is something new to the roleplay. If you are opposed to it. Many people supported it, that's why it won in the first place. So, It's really not immersion breaking except you realistically driving a car, not drifting in the corners and wearing appropriate clothing like jackets and sweaters.

It's clearly not /immersion-breaking/ as It's claimed to be. It's just a test-addition, opposing it for like (mere 2 days) won't get anyone anything.

2 minutes ago, Wolfgang said:

About the interiors part, an admin probably Pillsbury announced that: Nervous will come online and get a fix (if that's a majority issue) secondly "snow" addition is something new to the roleplay. If you are opposed to it. Many people supported it, that's why it won in the first place. So, It's really not immersion breaking except you realistically driving a car, not drifting in the corners and wearing appropriate clothing like jackets and sweaters.

It's clearly not /immersion-breaking/ as It's claimed to be. It's just a test-addition, opposing it for like (mere 2 days) won't get anyone anything.

• Doosty locked this topic