Please don't add anymore snow after this one, here's why. [POLL ATTACHED]

Naeno

1 minute ago, yerro said:

The fact that you think that the poll being advertised on other /Discord servers/ makes it fair speaks for your understanding of how game audiences & platform interactions work. And if there's anything to top that off? You're drawing a parallel between 600 players voting and the daily 550 online player count at peak hours.

On the off-chance you're actually interested in hearing what the other side has to say, read the previous points made by me — or others — on the previous pages of this thread. Or well, continue yapping about democracy and how the majority makes good decisions. Going with the majority, we'll probably end up banning long /me's in two weeks' time, too.

You should also realize, and this has been said by the staff team;

we are not imitating LA. We are not roleplaying as if this is Los Angeles.

We are roleplaying Los Santos. A city with a lore mainly created by Rockstar, who decided that in our climate, it snows.

Sure, Grove Street and Ballas obviously aren't welcome here because, well, people who create that lack creativity.

We replaced Los Angeles with Los Santos. It is a different city, not a copy of LA.

Just now, yerro said:

Except that minority (of 44%) has been making points that the majority (55%) seems more eager to discard rather than address. Yep.

This thread is like Trump’s Twitter feed when he lost, just you complaining because you didn’t get your way. 

it’s three days bro, put your effort in to something more meaningful.

3 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

You should also realize, and this has been said by the staff team;

we are not imitating LA. We are not roleplaying as if this is Los Angeles.

We are roleplaying Los Santos. A city with a lore mainly created by Rockstar, who decided that in our climate, it snows.

Sure, Grove Street and Ballas obviously aren't welcome here because, well, people who create that lack creativity.

We replaced Los Angeles with Los Santos. It is a different city, not a copy of LA.

According to the staff, the State of San Andreas replaces the State of California for continuity purposes.

You seem to be going from one excuse to another, trying to twist the words of the staff to something that'd favor your side of the story. Is there any chance you'd approach this subject willing to acknowledge what the other side has to say?

Edited by yerro
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, yerro said:

According to the staff, the State of San Andreas replaces the State of California for continuity purposes.

You seem to be going from one excuse to another, trying to twist the words of the staff to something that'd favor your side of the story. Is there any chance you'd approach this subject willing to acknowledge what the other side has to say?

I love your arguments, and I love that you fight here for the part of the community that wants everything back to normal, but you all seem to miss one huge problem over here. Lead Developer said that snow can't be removed from the interiors, so where's the solution? 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, .Pluto. said:

I love your arguments, and I love that you fight here for the part of the community that wants everything back to normal, but you all seem to miss one huge problem over here. Lead Developer said that snow can't be removed from the interiors, so where's the solution? 

Well, I'm not "fighting" to have it removed, I'm trying to have the Management to acknowledge that there's a lot of people negatively impacted by their decision to add snow. So either a new poll in the game bound to UCP or a forum discussion thread where people get to vote & post their statement on whether they're for or against.

Hell, I'm even willing to accept that this forum poll is flawed. There'd be a bit fewer people voting to remove snow if it didn't affect the interiors.

I don't have any suggestions on how to fix the interiors issue, I'm trying to bring up the points that decisions of this scale affect everyone in the community and they need to be handled more carefully than just flipping the switch and going snow.exe.

10 minutes ago, yerro said:

I truely acknowledge that the interior stuff is a problem. And as you said yourself; it replaces the State of California, but it does not imitate it.

But I refuse to give a minor minority their way over a supermajority in a poll, and that is honestly where this discussion should have ended.

You lost with a supermajority against you. We got the staff team to protect the game from bad decisions from a majority of players. The staff ruled in our favour this time, and thats that.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
Just now, ThatDutchPerson said:

I truely acknowledge that the interior stuff is a problem.

But I refuse to give a minor minority their way over a supermajority in a poll, and that is honestly where this discussion should have ended.

You lost with a supermajority against you. We got the staff team to protect the game from bad decisions from a majority of players. The staff ruled in our favour this time, and thats that.

Can I just refer you to my answer above, it really summarizes what I'm trying to say and would save me from having to repeat myself.

The tl;dr version is — no, I don't think the staff team ruled properly. It's not the outcome, it's how they came to that decision and what they based their decision on (if it was the Discord poll).

1 minute ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

I truely acknowledge that the interior stuff is a problem.

Then enjoy having the snow in your living room. Have a wonderful day. /q

1 minute ago, yerro said:

Can I just refer you to my answer above, it really summarizes what I'm trying to say and would save me from having to repeat myself.

The tl;dr version is — no, I don't think the staff team ruled properly. It's not the outcome, it's how they came to that decision and what they based their decision on (if it was the Discord poll).

If you believe the staff team ruled incorrectly, there is a procedure for that; a staff report.

Lay out your case, send it to the appropiate admin (in this case Nervous) and await the outcome.

Pluto, I have a native interior, no snow for me.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
  • Doosty locked this topic