Please don't add anymore snow after this one, here's why. [POLL ATTACHED]

Naeno

1 minute ago, zaXer. said:

Okay, so - imagine that it gets removed because you (44% or whatever) dont want it.

Then a hour later we get all those other 56% whining to have it back.

So what's more appropriate?

Obviously to support the biggest percentage winner. If 87 out of 200 people feel negatively impacted, then if you revert back, 113 out of 200 will feel negatively impacted. So, what's better?

I'm more against the way snow was implemented than snow itself. I don't like it, it ruins my immersion but I'd be happy to shut up if I was the only one. There's a lot of things I dislike (like everyone roleplaying beautiful characters, for one, it makes social interactions stale for me) but that's my problem.

The point I'm trying to make is that there's a lot of people negatively impacted by this. If they're not the majority, they're still many enough to be heard.

I get your example, there'd still be people complaining on a daily basis about adding snow back in, and as much as I want to be inclusive with what you guys want, don't you think that we need to acknowledge the default setting first, and that is #nosnow? Like, we're discussing the deviation that has been made here. If the default setting was for it to snow all winter and people wanted to have it removed, that'd be a bit of a different story. I'm also not sure if you can apply "negatively impacted" to not having snow, but I'm willing to hear your arguments about it.

I'm against how this decision was made by the staff. I don't think they've acknowledged the share of players that would be affected, I think it misled the community as well with how the Discord vote was held. The duration, the platform and the lack of information led to distorted results. Yes, more people are voting to keep snow rather than to have it removed, but I want to believe that if the staff team saw the community was very divided on the subject, their reasoning and decision would've been different.

So far, I'm more bothered by how certain people (coincidentally supporting snow) treated this discussion both on the forums on Discord. Many people speaking up against snow had to repeat their points over and over again and be scoffed at before they got a chance to actually explain themselves and be heard.

Decisions concerning the setting, the lore of the game need to be handled carefully, and that's not how I'd describe how this decision to make it snow was made.

I don’t think the problem is with snow on the streets itself.

yes it’s unrealistic but i can deal with that 

The issue people have with snow is the fact that custom interiors are filled with snow including the county jail which is wack af.

Nervous even said himself he can’t fix this issue so it’s best to remove it altogether so this bug is gone

8 minutes ago, yerro said:

Decisions concerning the setting, the lore of the game need to be handled carefully, and that's not how I'd describe how this decision to make it snow was made.

This sentence nullified the rest of your reply.

The lore, and thus partially the setting, is that in the winter near Christmas it is snowing in Los Santos. This was implemented by Rockstar, who created the lore of GTA5. Point made.

3 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

This sentence nullified the rest of your reply.

The lore, and thus partially the setting, is that in the winter near Christmas it is snowing in Los Santos. This was implemented by Rockstar, who created the lore of GTA5. Point made.

I'm glad it did, but maybe the problem is you were going through my post solely to find something that would nullify my reply in your eyes.

Don't bother. It's just an opinion. No one says it has to matter. And it won't, until you decide that it does — which you should being a roleplayer, but hey, who am I to tell you what to do?

And on the subject of Rockstar — Rockstar isn't running GTA World. Rockstar is not even running an RP community. It's running a racing/DM community, if anything, and their entire take on the game is satire. Doesn't mean we're roleplaying a satirical world.

Edited by yerro
1 minute ago, yerro said:

I'm glad it did, but maybe the problem is you were going through my post solely to find something that would nullify my reply in your eyes.

Don't bother. It's just an opinion. No one says it has to matter. And it won't, until you decide that it does — which you should being a roleplayer, but hey, who am I to tell you what to do?

Oh, I fully read through your reply.

It's just that the people saying ''our voices must eb heard, remove snow now because we want it!!'' are basicly asking to just throw democracy out of the door and don't care about a majority vote.

There was a poll. This poll was advertised in /a lot/ of discord servers and other GTA:World community places.

600+ votes have been casted, which is a supermajority of our active playerbase, and more than 80% voted in favour.

We won't just throw democracy out of the door because this second poll with way less votes says so. Obviously.

Just now, ThatDutchPerson said:

Oh, I fully read through your reply.

It's just that the people saying ''our voices must eb heard, remove snow now because we want it!!'' are basicly asking to just throw democracy out of the door and don't care about a majority vote.

There was a poll. This poll was advertised in /a lot/ of discord servers and other GTA:World community places.

600+ votes have been casted, which is a supermajority of our active playerbase, and more than 80% voted in favour.

We won't just throw democracy out of the door because this second poll with way less votes says so. Obviously.

The fact that you think that the poll being advertised on other /Discord servers/ makes it fair speaks for your understanding of how game audiences & platform interactions work. And if there's anything to top that off? You're drawing a parallel between 600 players voting and the daily 550 online player count at peak hours.

On the off-chance you're actually interested in hearing what the other side has to say, read the previous points made by me — or others — on the previous pages of this thread. Or well, continue yapping about democracy and how the majority makes good decisions. Going with the majority, we'll probably end up banning long /me's in two weeks' time, too.

• Upvote 1
  • Doosty locked this topic