Please don't add anymore snow after this one, here's why. [POLL ATTACHED]

Naeno

As someone who roleplay a homeless bum, snow adds a cool new dynamic to my RP (huddling round fires in the street; trying my best not to get kicked out of businesses so I can stay warm). So, in that sense, it hasn’t ruined my RP but altered it.

I can understand the frustration with realism and the broken interiors, and if you feel that strongly about those topics you’re well within your right to. But it’s for 3 days, I’m more concerned that y’all are getting so worked up over it 😭

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, yerro said:

Again, I'm not enforcing my RP standards on anyone else. I don't think light RPers shouldn't be allowed on the server. I'm not saying I'm the most hardcore roleplayer either.

But the nature of these communities is, they're a playground. We all tend to form groups that roleplay at a certain level. Some of us are looking for some gritty, realistic experiences while others prefer to go for the compromise and sacrifice realism for fun.

Both are valid.

Thing is, I'm not telling you how to roleplay, and you frankly shouldn't be telling me how to roleplay. It's my choice to focus on realism, and I'm not forcing you to do the same. But when you mess with the setting that's at the core of the game, you're changing this playground for everyone involved. That's why people are up in arms about it.

And as you have mentioned, I'm not telling you how to RP either, I don't even consider myself good at RPing even though I have some experience with RP, seeing as there's always something you could improve at.

I just don't think the outrage is warranted for the change implemented. I also don't think we can even compare a two day period of snow, which is imposed on everyone, with any old player doing something outrageous and claiming it's for fun. If, per say, we were forbidden from accessing Sandy Shores or Paleto because, let's say they were nuked for whatever reason, I'd get it, but it's something that can be explained by just considering it a climate anomaly, something that isn't unheard of.

3 minutes ago, SpeccsOps said:

As someone who roleplay a homeless bum, snow adds a cool new dynamic to my RP (huddling round fires in the street; trying my best not to get kicked out of businesses so I can stay warm). So, in that sense, it hasn’t ruined my RP but altered it.

I can understand the frustration with realism and the broken interiors, and if you feel that strongly about those topics you’re well within your right to. But it’s for 3 days, I’m more concerned that y’all are getting so worked up over it 😭

big up fred

Holy cow, people really hate snow huh. When it comes to this, people will dig up all the history books they can find about historical data and weather reports. How about just... enjoy the snow while it lasts? Honestly me and quite a large portion of my friend circle are okay with snow and we’d rather see it for a prolonged period of time as opposed to just a couple of days a month. It’s really just a QoL update, wear warmer clothes, drive like a normal human being, et cetera. Not sure why the big fuss. I understand if some people have rational reasons to dislike it and to oppose its addition, but at the end of the day it’s just snow and it was voted on by hundreds of people. As for the bug, I haven’t seen it yet because I haven’t logged on yet today, but pretty certain a fix will be pushed at one point.

• Doosty locked this topic