Please don't add anymore snow after this one, here's why. [POLL ATTACHED]

Naeno

29 minutes ago, Sammux said:

I think you're should just take a look at both polls and see that the general consensus is that people want snow, and an overwhelming amount too. If you can't accept this fact, I honestly don't know what else to say. The staff team doesn't need to address the situation seeing as even in the thread some people agree with it, and others disagree, and the polls both favour having snow.

There's plenty of issues the majority would agree on that would harm the server. Like, for example, that discussion thread claiming that people shouldn't be allowed to RP characters that were started in other communities. I'm pretty sure if we started talking about some controversial topics, we'd probably end up banning a lot of concepts because of the elitism prevalent in this community.

Doesn't mean that's what this community should strive towards.

You're missing the point here — there's a massive gap in the trade-off. You're voting in favor of a bit of fun, we're voting to keep our setting sane for us to roleplay in.

If I'm allowed to speak for other like-minded people, we joined this community on the premise of RPing in a specific setting. There's a reason I went to roleplay in a GTA V-based community instead of, say, Second Life, WoW, or other. That setting is something you just don't mess with, and turning on snow on a whim is quite literally the type of nonsensical shitfuckery that makes me and people like me feel detached from the setting and not want to roleplay.

You like snow, I get that. I honestly don't mind it. But how about you go and play games where snow is a sensible part of the game, like Red Dead Redemption 2 / RDO instead of trying to ruin the setting for other people just because you "want to have some fun".

Someone on Discord mentioned that having snow in an area where it wouldn't snow is a compromise, and I get that. But it's a compromise you're willing to make, not us. That's why this thread exists. That's why there's a considerable number of people voting to have it removed. That's why there needs to be a staff decision on this, because if we go by the opinion shared by the majority (or let alone, the Discord majority), this community's going to go to shit /real/ fast.

Just now, The Key Of Silence said:

People take this whole thing way too seriously, it's best to just have fun while you at it and not come on forums to moan.

Have fun, that's all I can say and if you can't? Tough luck.

If you can't respect the opinion of other people, I really don't understand what you're doing in the RP community.

Stop trying to copy IRL, yes it doesn’t snow in LA, but do you realize that trying to copy LA 1:1 roleplay doesn’t make you a better roleplayer? It’s just a snow, keep it until mid January and you can finally take your shirts off to show off your full back tattoos, elite gangsters! 

I understand the 'fun' argument, but it's inherently a poor argument to make - the next time some davis gangbanger annoys you and claim's it's for fun, are you going to be forgiving because fun should trump realism (the argument you are making here), or are people playing the 'fun' card here suddenly going to start crying fowl?

I'm pretty sure I know which it will be.

And no, it's not just snow outside (which would be frustrating but something we can deal with), every mapped internal, some of which people have paid $100's of RL dollars for platinum and/or to increase their slots are impacted and covered in snow inside..... 

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy
1 minute ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

I understand the 'fun' argument, but it's inherently a poor argument to make - the next time some davis gangbanger annoys you and claim's it's for fun, are you going to be forgiving because fun should trump realism (the argument you are making here), or are people playing the 'fun' card here suddenly going to start crying fowl?

I'm pretty sure I know which it will be.

Never have I run out of likes to give as fast as today when this thread went up.

Exactly. There's a lot of alternative settings that would be fun. Hell, roleplaying a hurricane flooding the city would be fun, doesn't mean we should have it "just for 2 days each month".

Edited by yerro
  • Doosty locked this topic