Please don't add anymore snow after this one, here's why. [POLL ATTACHED]

Naeno

I don't think many understand the more roleplay you can get with the snow added to the game. 

Try cleaning out your driveway?
Gritting the roads?
Fitting a snow plow?
Building a snowman?
Having a snowball fight?
Slipping on the snow so FD can come check you out?

Dressing appropriately for the weather?
Not driving through Vinewood at 110mph in a car that doesn't fit your backstory?
Drinking eggnog? 
Eating an icicle?
Open your mouth and tasting the snowflakes?
Laying down in the street and making a snow angel?
Building an igloo?
Sliding down a hill on your butt at like 20 miles an hour?
Drawing phallic pictures in the snow?
Making a giant snow penis?
Trying to break puddles of ice? 
Go hiking?
Help out at the Hope Community Center and make soup for the homeless?

I'm all for the snow.  Either put the guns down you use to shoot the rival gang faction or just AFK in your house for two days listening to Collard Greens on repeat. Stop complaining about stuff that literally doesn't matter in the long term. 

Edited by Akali
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 3
24 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

This entire topic reminds me of Trump. He basicly lost the elections yet he keeps insisting he didn’t.

Here, a supermajority of atleast 80% of players wanted snow (with a poll where over 500 people participated) and now the losing party demands it gone anyway (the 20% most likely).

Its fun! Stop thinking so hardcore for once and just help the Devs fix interiors? It’s probably a bug with /pweather that needs fixing, given snow is an actual weather and /pweather should fix it.

Over 500 players voted in favour of the snow, thats a majority of the server players and thus the vote is legitimate. It was shared over several discords related to GTA World, including mine. We all vote pro-Snow btw 🙂

It should be an easy fix for the interiors, no biggie and fixed in a jiffy!

You must be pretty full of yourself to just throw all the arguments brought up earlier in this thread and compare people's reasoning to Trump supporters. The sole fact you think that 500 people voted = 500 people that are online daily should be enough to show how uneducated your opinion is.

4 minutes ago, Akali said:

I don't think many understand the more roleplay you can get with the snow added to the game. 

Try cleaning out your driveway?
Gritting the roads?
Fitting a snow plow?
Building a snowman?
Having a snowball fight?
Slipping on the snow so FD can come check you out?

Dressing appropriately for the weather?
Not driving through Vinewood at 110mph in a car that doesn't fit your backstory?
Drinking eggnog? 
Eating an icicle?
Open your mouth and tasting the snowflakes?
Laying down in the street and making a snow angel?
Building an igloo?
Sliding down a hill on your butt at like 20 miles an hour?
Drawing phallic pictures in the snow?
Making a giant snow penis?
Trying to break puddles of ice? 
Go hiking?
Help out at the Hope Community Center and make soup for the homeless?

I'm all for the snow.  Either put the guns down you use to shoot the rival gang faction or just AFK in your house for two days listening to Collard Greens on repeat. Stop complaining about stuff that literally doesn't matter in the long term. 

There's also plenty of other things that could offer a ton of RP, like spawning a volcano in the middle of Mt Chiliad, making North Korea nuke San Andreas or having Russians invade it. Do they offer plenty of opportunities to RP something? Sure.

What do they all have in common though? They're all unlikely to happen and they ruin the setting that people try to have realistic RP in.

It's already been established that San Andreas replaces California (according to members of the continuity team). Maybe you can just flick the switch on and go from having wildfire-inducing climate to snow, but there's lots of us that cannot. And just the sole fact that this thread, again, exploded to 11 pages in some 4 hours should say that this is a topic that needs to be addressed by the staff team. There's clearly enough people that are discontent with it, and that cannot be ignored.

Edited by yerro
17 minutes ago, yerro said:

You must be pretty full of yourself to just throw all the arguments brought up earlier in this thread and compare people's reasoning to Trump supporters. The sole fact you think that 500 people voted = 500 people that are online daily should be enough to show how uneducated your opinion is.

There's also plenty of other things that could offer a ton of RP, like spawning a volcano in the middle of Mt Chiliad, making North Korea nuke San Andreas or having Russians invade it. Do they offer plenty of opportunities to RP something? Sure.

What do they all have in common though? They're all unlikely to happen and they ruin the setting that people try to have realistic RP in.

It's already been established that San Andreas replaces California (according to members of the continuity team). Maybe you can just flick the switch on and go from having wildfire-inducing climate to snow, but there's lots of us that cannot. And just the sole fact that this thread, again, exploded to 11 pages in some 4 hours should say that this is a topic that needs to be addressed by the staff team. There's clearly enough people that are discontent with it, and that cannot be ignored.

I think you're should just take a look at both polls and see that the general consensus is that people want snow, and an overwhelming amount too. If you can't accept this fact, I honestly don't know what else to say. The staff team doesn't need to address the situation seeing as even in the thread some people agree with it, and others disagree, and the polls both favour having snow.

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

I'd say "imagine roleplaying at interiors 24/7" but then I remembered some of the mfs who play here on a regular are here solely for ERP and maybe they should be happy the snow makes apartments look like someone nutted all over the place. I dunno, that's just me. 

On a serious note? This was a good idea, but we came across unfortunate issues regarding interiors. Realistic or not, I can appreciate snow in a game because I ain't seen any since like 2017 due to global warming.

If people think the issues are this bad, I'd say let's go back because we fucked up.

The snow hasn't even been in for 12 hours and people are already losing their shit over this. Two days, two fucking days.

Even the second poll is currently being lost.. Yikes.  

2 hours ago, mj2002 said:

If the interiors can be fixed, I'd love to keep the snow for the next two months. 

• Doosty locked this topic