Please don't add anymore snow after this one, here's why. [POLL ATTACHED]

Naeno

January 1962

But very little of it was sicking to the ground. The last time it snowed in Los Angeles was in January 1962, according to Los Angeles Public Library archives. During that storm, heavy snow fell in the mountains and high deserts and dusted parts of downtown and West L.A. Most of the city snow, however, melted quickly.

So pretty much, even when it DOES snow, the snow doesn't really stick to the ground.

I think that the snow is not according to the interpretation based on Los Angeles, besides that it can give a lot of dev problems and it's fucking complicated adapting to it with the mechanics of GTA V.

In accordance with removing it and everything related.

1 hour ago, Wolfgang said:

It's just a test-addition, opposing it for like (mere 2 days) won't get anyone anything.

Pretty much sums it up. Yeah, there are issues with interiors, but that is also why it is tested on. It is not like the snow remains until March next year - it is a few days. In regards to immersion and weather always being compared to Los Angeles - have you guys ever checked on /weather the past weeks? Temperatures were sometimes colder than middle european countries at 8 - 12°C average and going down all the way to 2 - 4°C at evenings/nights.

Frankly, I do not mind a change of scenery from time and considering it is only for a very short period, it should not be much of an issue. Plus there are not only downsides to the change such as snow inside buildings, but also good sides - fully enforced (halfway) realistic driving, appropriate clothing for once and a bunch of roleplay opportunities with the snow from simple things as snow angels and snowball fights to getting stuck on your way to work, city services pushing an extra mile and other things.

• Applaud 1

I'm personally against the snow. I hate it in real life, whoever loves the snow, I would love to see their reaction if the snow was in their living room in real life lol. After years and years of playing on an old PC, I bought a new one this summer, but it has only recommended specifications for this game. Snow makes my game laggy, my apartment is fucked up, I wanna puke when I see the snow on the road, I'm forced to RP winter jackets, etc. Management and developers, PLEASE do not make any updates that will force the community to roleplay something that they don't want.

• Doosty locked this topic