Explain your forum name.

MomoIsHere

• 6 months later...

I got into online stuff, gaming, and all that very late and as a proper noob my first steam name was my IRL name. The games I found the most enjoyable were generally played by young men and getting a handful of friend requests and just overall ape behavior daily wasn't rare. My big noob brain convinced that using IRL names was fine brought me the bright idea to use a guy's name instead to stop it... Alexander Mellis. Eventually, I realized it wasn't that cool to use full names so I shortened it to Amellis. People started thinking my name was Amelia which defeated the whole idea behind this but I wasn't playing online all that much so it kinda just stuck with me.

The name itself has a bit of a story too. My brother loved that name and throughout our childhood he kept saying he was gonna change his to that eventually. At the time of this amazing idea I was hooked to Fallout New Vegas and going through the Boomers questline in the Nellis air force base. I had to google the name rn to double-check the words order and just realized it's Nellis and not Mellis...