Adding murder to the list of banned offensive roleplay

unknownentity

Hello gamers,

As the title suggests, I personally would like to see murder added to the list of banned roleplay like necro, paedo, bestiality, and cannibalism roleplay. I personally find this type of roleplay upsetting and tasteless. I'm not quite sure why it can be said that real life politics can be considered upsetting while seemingly this type of roleplay gets a free pass.

I believe it can genuinely ruin interactions between roleplayers, and make some hesitant to interact with others. Wouldn't it be based to just be shot without the OOC fear of your character being killed, possibly triggering some form of irl PTSD? I know someone who was a part of a murder and the individuals involved attempted to get that type of roleplay done, obviously the victim refused and logged off - they didn't return to GTA:W for two months.  

And yes, I understand it's realistic and so on and that there are some very difficult topics engaged in this roleplay community... I just don't believe this just should be one of them. Meaningful murder rp sounds kind of ridiculous, doesn't it? I know there are some players out there who constantly roll chars to engage in this type of roleplay, which is pretty grim.

I would also like to add that while both parties may have consented to engage in such roleplay, but was I asked for consent? Dealing with the aftermath of murder through RP is also quite upsetting for me.  I would never consent to this type of roleplay, but I have been confronted several times by characters who have been. 

Looking forward to your feedback about this one gamers, have a good one.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

As someone who is sensitive to blood and violence, I support this greatly. I think both parties should establish OOC consent before anyone gets murdered. I understand many players are affected by this and they don't enjoy it. It's just soo offensive and aesthetically unpleasant when people get killed and I'd like to put a stop to such things happening unless they absolutely have to and are agreed upon by both parties.

• Jax locked this topic