Lets talk about the lack of updates for illegal RPers.

Trupiano

6 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Ok then don’t suck the developers off and let them cum in your mouth, you’re a legal RP’er, when your rp consists of going to bars and ERP’ing you feel fine, but people who actually do things outside of that are getting pissed off because of how neglected they are. 

I actually don't need any of the updates for my characters because I can make do with what I have. I don't RP in bars and I don't ERP so thinking that's all I do is kind of sad. It's equivalent to me implying you sit in Davis and DM all day. 

I'm just saying there's no need to be an ass but you prove that you have this "thug" persona IC and OOC. 

1 hour ago, Henning said:

Yes because lockpicking and new guns is what we've all been craving. /s

You can say the dev's are unpaid and should be allowed to work on whatever they want but there comes a point and time where management should just go "Hey guys, we need to really focus all our attention on this". It's not like we've been secretive about what we need added.

image.png

11 hours ago, Pathway said:

they did a suggestions link for illegal suggestions in ifm discord, only 1 suggestion was implemented out of there which was the seeds one that has now been reverted, all the others were ignored afaik.

3 hours ago, Juicy said:

There have been MOUNTAINS of ideas for illegal roleplay thrown into the IFM discord, suggestions, and much more, and they just plainly ignore them. It's getting annoying roleplaying as an illegal faction when nothing is being done to make roleplaying better, and they focus on the police department or legal RP instead, adding more cars and more systems for the police department. People don't even buy drugs anymore because the only one that's actually helpful is cocaine, and people barely use them, so you're stuck with a bulk of drugs and no way to sell them or push them to civilians or other gang members. Throw us a bone here.

3 hours ago, xdthe said:

At this point its really frustrating to see countless suggestions ignored by developers and staff. Maybe, if illegal roleplayers could have updates such as a drug overhaul, it would open up many more interesting doors of illegal RP.

1 hour ago, Helm said:

I'd like to see more things done on illegal enterprises: especially drugs. 

I also think it'd be nice to see changes made to the script to better facilitate certain crimes. The lockpicking script was cool. But it wasn't really a big change. I really want to see a way for illegal roleplayers to circumvent all of the stalling and foot dragging I see happen during robberies. I think that'd make doing them much more interesting and less frustrating for the perpetrators. 

Perhaps the biggest and best thing that could happen for illegal RPers, though, is the chance to be given unique RP scenarios. When I say scenarios, I mean anything that can facilitate interesting roleplay for them by the means of illegal FM / admin controlled NPCs / contacts. Things, like heists, or big time deals, that can lead to long term boons if performed successfully - or terrible blowback if messed up.

This sort of thing wouldn't even require script changes, it would just require illegal FM to actually care to get involved in the roleplay, and to come up with interesting ideas for various factions to be thrown. 

It is also something that already happens at times for PD. Admins spawning as random throwaway characters to commit crimes normal players or characters wouldn't. Usually in the form of big shootouts. Which is.... Fine, but is obviously not where illegal RPers would want to go. If some thought could be given to that, then I think illegal factions, at least the good, committed ones, deserve a shot to have some unique, engaging RP events from time to time too.

Just echoing what's been said already. I'm not trying to judge or criticize. I'd simply love to see someone from IFM make a statement on everything being said here. It can't just be all noise. It's no secret that drug thread has been up forever and a shit load of people agreed it would be a good idea. Clearly there are concerns. What can be done about it?

Edited by Juicebox
Just now, Disgruntled_asshat said:

Man the only response i see to that is this exact one. This is why you're not getting anything, He clearly states that it's waiting on an Inventory revamp.

Yes an inventory revamp that wasn't asked for or needed for that update to work. Does it improve upon it? A little but it's literally a drop in the bucket compared to what's needed. He also clearly states that one of the reason no progress is made is because the illegal community doesn't know what it wants which is just false as I was attempting to point out to you in my original reply.

This also doesn't address the dozens of suggestions given to IFM in the faction leadership discord that they chose to ignore or refuse to adopt even though they have overwhelming support from people across the community.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Henning said:

Yes an inventory revamp that wasn't asked for or needed for that update to work. Does it improve upon it? A little but it's literally a drop in the bucket compared to what's needed. He also clearly states that one of the reason no progress is made is because the illegal community doesn't know what it wants which is just false as I was attempting to point out to you in my original reply.

This also doesn't address the dozens of suggestions given to IFM in the faction leadership discord that they chose to ignore or refuse to adopt even though they have overwhelming support from people across the community.

Then this sounds like something that would have been better to bring up to the managers and shouldn't have been posted on the forums, It's very likely nervous forgot about that post i forget plenty of things every day.

6 minutes ago, Disgruntled_asshat said:

Then this sounds like something that would have been better to bring up to the managers and shouldn't have been posted on the forums, It's very likely nervous forgot about that post i forget plenty of things every day.

And I totally would if management and staff didn't ignore peoples PM's and discord DM's.

It's not some shockingly new revelation, though you joined in September so I doubt you would know that so I don't blame you for thinking that would be more productive. It's just the frustrating reality of how staff chooses to conduct themselves. People have to catch Nervous while he's typing in discord to get an answer OR make threads like this.

• Upvote 1