Lets talk about the lack of updates for illegal RPers.

Trupiano

41 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

Like I said it takes like an hour maybe probably to add a ERP anim? If you're going to complain about how the developers work why don't you become a developer and help the team? They're working in their own freetime, probably after coming home from their 9-5 job. I'd pick and choose the suggestions I think are fun to develop too. (Not saying that's what they do but that's what I'd do in my own opinion.)

So according to you, an hour spent to add an ERP anim is spent more productive than contributing even by the slightest bit to a script that's beneficial for the greater half of the server and long overdue?

3 minutes ago, JustAnM43 said:

Yeah, thankfully you're not asked to choose what you'd want to develop. Suggestions should benefit the entire server, and if you forgot, illegal roleplay is a massive part of it. Instead of giving us stupid fucking ERP anims, maybe we should get something useful for the illegal side of the server? Instead of giving PD/SD an update, how about we take that excuse of a mod called the Victor and just remove it? Civs and illegal RPers lack support and I'm literally saying this as a civ RPer part of PD. PD wants new shirts, PD wants new this, PD wants new that. They ask, they get. Illegal side of the server: hey can we g--NOOO OF COURSE NOT. I've been here for two years and this discussion's been a thing for two years. Illegal RP deserves an update. They benefit a ton to the server just like PD/SD/FD do. But it's silly watching discussions go up constantly with people asking for small updates for the illegal sides only to be met by PD cars and ERP anims in the changelog. I'm not an illegal RPer but I wouldn't stand for that either.

Couldn’t have said it better! 💯 

30 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

I mean if I were a dev and I got constantly harassed by the illegal RP community I wouldn't wanna work on more features for them either tbh. Just cause y'all gotta act hard  ICly doesn't mean you gotta be an ass OOCly.

But I think having a circle jerk about how shitty the devs are really helps out here. Gets a lot done. /s

Oh yeah I forgot asking for updates and improvements to the server is a form of harassment, thanks for reminding me.

Edited by Jeffreyy
36 minutes ago, ThomasNoman said:

Cops deserve to have the custom vehicles anyway. I don't even know how cops in other servers stand driving in lore vehicles.

No they fucking don't. Lore vehicles are how this server goes. The Victor is supposedly "lore" but it's just a pathetic Crown Vic with lore badging. It's a terrible mod and it looks incredibly out of place on the server. Lore vehicles are how this server's going.

1 hour ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

I also believe there was a major update in September with tons of new guns. Maybe not aimed towards illegal RP but the guns were made available for illegal suppliers. And in October a lockpick overhaul was implemented.

Yes because lockpicking and new guns is what we've all been craving. /s

You can say the dev's are unpaid and should be allowed to work on whatever they want but there comes a point and time where management should just go "Hey guys, we need to really focus all our attention on this". It's not like we've been secretive about what we need added.

I'd like to see more things done on illegal enterprises: especially drugs. 

I also think it'd be nice to see changes made to the script to better facilitate certain crimes. The lockpicking script was cool. But it wasn't really a big change. I really want to see a way for illegal roleplayers to circumvent all of the stalling and foot dragging I see happen during robberies. I think that'd make doing them much more interesting and less frustrating for the perpetrators. 

Perhaps the biggest and best thing that could happen for illegal RPers, though, is the chance to be given unique RP scenarios. When I say scenarios, I mean anything that can facilitate interesting roleplay for them by the means of illegal FM / admin controlled NPCs / contacts. Things, like heists, or big time deals, that can lead to long term boons if performed successfully - or terrible blowback if messed up.

This sort of thing wouldn't even require script changes, it would just require illegal FM to actually care to get involved in the roleplay, and to come up with interesting ideas for various factions to be thrown. 

It is also something that already happens at times for PD. Admins spawning as random throwaway characters to commit crimes normal players or characters wouldn't. Usually in the form of big shootouts. Which is.... Fine, but is obviously not where illegal RPers would want to go. If some thought could be given to that, then I think illegal factions, at least the good, committed ones, deserve a shot to have some unique, engaging RP events from time to time too.

Just now, Helm said:

It is also something that already happens at times for PD. Admins spawning as random throwaway characters to commit crimes normal players or characters wouldn't. Usually in the form of big shootouts. Which is.... Fine, but is obviously not where illegal RPers would want to go. If some thought could be given to that, then I think illegal factions, at least the good, committed ones, deserve a shot to have some unique, engaging RP events from time to time too.

Yeah like the time they made up an entire SWAT team mission with a guy barricaded into an apartment that was literally in the complex used by an active criminal faction. 

10 hours ago, Henning said:

This is not a thread for making suggestions, this is a thread meant to address the broad neglect that Illegal RPers get when it comes to additions to the server.

Please avoid just using this thread to promote your own suggestions, staff will just shut it down.