Lets talk about the lack of updates for illegal RPers.

Trupiano

Also strength in numbers. Easier to show a more widespread concern with a public discussion thread rather through one-on-one PM's. Obviously this is a very important issue for many people, mainly illegal RP'ers. Hard to convey that through a PM coming from just one person. Just have to hope that people on here behave and express their concerns in a decent manner.

Edited by Juicebox

I'm going to leave this thread for the night saying this:

GTAW is the only decently populated text RP server on GTA 5. That's not some fact set in stone for all time, eventually someone will come along with a server that puts proper development into illegal RP and people will just start leaving in mass. 

Of course, tons of people will read that statement and say: "Good, leave, we don't want you". But you don't want that because when the illegal RPers leave this server, the server dies. LEO's and Criminals are the yin and yang of the server, remove one and it'll just divulge into absolute cancer. It's happened to a million other servers, don't expect GTAW to magically turn out differently if it continues to follow the current path.  LEO RP would become incredibly boring, 65% of businesses would go away because the illegal factions running them will have left. Slowly but surely the server would get progressively worse and worse until all that remains are 100 people who enjoy using the server as a virtual second life.

But it doesn't have to be that way. People don't just play here because it's the only server on GTA 5, if that was the case people would still be playing on LSRP and other SA servers which are way farther on with their development. The server has a pretty neutral captain at the helm in Nervous, a rare quality to find in RP community owners. I think it's something that keeps a lot of players here for now

For now, people want to improve GTAW. People have made suggestions and gotten overwhelming support only to be flat out ignored, it's frustrating and frankly insulting. I care about this server, I enjoy this server and I want to see this server get better. I wouldn't have made this thread if I didn't. But I don't know how much longer anybody on this server including myself is going to wait around getting your standard cold shoulder or "Soon(TM)". 

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
16 minutes ago, Henning said:

I'm going to leave this thread for the night saying this:

GTAW is the only decently populated text RP server on GTA 5. That's not some fact set in stone for all time, eventually someone will come along with a server that puts proper development into illegal RP and people will just start leaving in mass. 

Of course, tons of people will read that statement and say: "Good, leave, we don't want you". But you don't want that because when the illegal RPers leave this server, the server dies. LEO's and Criminals are the yin and yang of the server, remove one and it'll just divulge into absolute cancer. It's happened to a million other servers, don't expect GTAW to magically turn out differently if it continues to follow the current path.  LEO RP would become incredibly boring, 65% of businesses would go away because the illegal factions running them will have left. Slowly but surely the server would get progressively worse and worse until all that remains are 100 people who enjoy using the server as a virtual second life.

But it doesn't have to be that way. People don't just play here because it's the only server on GTA 5, if that was the case people would still be playing on LSRP and other SA servers which are way farther on with their development. The server has a pretty neutral captain at the helm in Nervous, a rare quality to find in RP community owners. I think it's something that keeps a lot of players here for now

For now, people want to improve GTAW. People have made suggestions and gotten overwhelming support only to be flat out ignored, it's frustrating and frankly insulting. I care about this server, I enjoy this server and I want to see this server get better. I wouldn't have made this thread if I didn't. But I don't know how much longer anybody on this server including myself is going to wait around getting your standard cold shoulder or "Soon(TM)". 

it's kinda sad that people are disregarding the lockpicking script as an addition clearly aimed at the illegal roleplayers. I mean, sure, I agree with the fact that there's a lot more features being added to the PD, but there's also a lot more features needed in the legal factions for them to work.

Not to mention Nervous has apparently explained why legal factions tend to get their suggestions implemented faster — they're more uniform in their requests.

Bottom line, I agree with the message here but not with the delivery in some cases. Would be great to hear from Nervous or management/dev on this tbh.

14 minutes ago, yerro said:

it's kinda sad that people are disregarding the lockpicking script as an addition clearly aimed at the illegal roleplayers. I mean, sure, I agree with the fact that there's a lot more features being added to the PD, but there's also a lot more features needed in the legal factions for them to work.

Not to mention Nervous has apparently explained why legal factions tend to get their suggestions implemented faster — they're more uniform in their requests.

Bottom line, I agree with the message here but not with the delivery in some cases. Would be great to hear from Nervous or management/dev on this tbh.

this. Government's infrastructure is not even done, and we definitely need support on this first as a priority. Legal factions are the priority.

As far as I know, the drug update is being worked on. You're changing up an entire system that is already involved in several functions in the server. This system is being worked on by a relatively small team of developers that have lives outside of the game. Of course they're going to work on the smaller additions to the server more than game-changing updates. Those smaller changes being animation additions, and not new car additions (that is done by the modding team as I've been told.) You've got to keep in mind that you also have to make sure the drugs in the game already still function as they should with the new system in place.

Now further on, the claim there's no illegal updates is completely unfair to the developers. Weapon modifications, lockpicking system, fire script, bugs, smuggled phones, and the weapon wheel. While yes some of these updates lister here either affect legal roleplay as well, but you can't deny that these updates do affect illegal roleplay as well. One thing that should be pointed out is legal role-play additions get added more often due to how to clear it is to the game and doesn't change the game in a huge way. While again the drug update everyone wants is completely game changing and affects more than just drugs, it affects a lot more than that.

Do I feel like illegal role-play can be revamped easily? Yes, but you still need to think small with what you want. Wishing for huge updates that change a lot of functions adds strain to the developers. 

Edited by Woona
2 hours ago, DoomedAmerica said:

Didn't management legit threaten to punish people in the illegal faction discord causing it to disband? LOL 

If it’s the discord I believe it is: 

the discord was a shit hole. I’ve never been in a more toxic discord than the illegal faction discord lmao.