Lets talk about the lack of updates for illegal RPers.

Trupiano

This is not a thread for making suggestions, this is a thread meant to address the broad neglect that Illegal RPers get when it comes to additions to the server.

It's no secret that this server has prioritized adding updates for PD and civilians over Illegal RPers. It's been memed to the point that if I'm being honest? It's frustrating to support the server knowing that almost no progress is being made on fixing drugs or adding more for illegal RPer even though hundreds of us have voiced our frustrations.  Now, I understand that much of the development team is given the freedom to work on whatever projects might interest them and I also understand that there are quite a few modders within PD, which is understandable considering their size. But the server is an ecosystem and neglecting one aspect of the system negatively effects all the other aspect. Although I don't expect a lot of players to understand, the reason that violent crime is so high on this server is a direct result of the lack of robust systems for illegal factions to use.

Now, according to staff they haven't been able to focus on any criminal updates because the criminal community can't figure out what they want:

image.png

Yet frankly, that's bullshit. The community HAS thrown it's support behind an update here:

3f36fc291240b161798ce52bbdaf4da2.png

96.95% of people over a year ago supported this suggestion and there are even more people who have thrown their support in for it AFTER the poll closed.

486 people voted, only 14 of which voted against the suggestion. Now while other more recent threads have been unable to establish what exactly the community wants, this one has and still receives massive amounts of support even today. Is it the be all end all fix for illegal factions? No, probably not. But I think it's a massive step forward.

Like I stated at the top of this thread, this isn't a suggestion thread so please don't respond with what you think the fix should be. However, I encourage Illegal RPers to reply with how the lack of robust systems on the server has effected your RP and if you want, how you think a suggestion like the one linked would effect your character or factions RP.

• Upvote 4

There have been MOUNTAINS of ideas for illegal roleplay thrown into the IFM discord, suggestions, and much more, and they just plainly ignore them. It's getting annoying roleplaying as an illegal faction when nothing is being done to make roleplaying better, and they focus on the police department or legal RP instead, adding more cars and more systems for the police department. People don't even buy drugs anymore because the only one that's actually helpful is cocaine, and people barely use them, so you're stuck with a bulk of drugs and no way to sell them or push them to civilians or other gang members. Throw us a bone here.

Edited by Juicy

Sad that threads like this have to keep on coming, you would think at this point the developers would think, "hey maybe we need to stop adding random PD updates which nobody cares about", they manage to develop a new PD car or item every update but can't focus a little bit to overhaul the drug system for example. 

But I guess, that's what happens when a whole side of the community gets neglected because of the stereotype so many people have, "ILLEGAL FACTION RPER? YOU MUST BE FROM DAVIS, OMG OMG SHITTY RPER! FUCKING DELETE YOUR UCP!!!!!!!!!!1111!"

At this point its really frustrating to see countless suggestions ignored by developers and staff. Maybe, if illegal roleplayers could have updates such as a drug overhaul, it would open up many more interesting doors of illegal RP.

But that's my two cents, what do I know? I'm just your average illegal faction RPer to the majority of the community.

Edited by xdthe
  • Upvote 1

I feel like the community really lacks the understanding of how development works. 

"Why they add ERP anims and cars omegalul". Usually adding in a animation likely requires a minimal amount of effort from the dev team, they make a couple of changes in the script for the new item but beyond that they don't create the animations, vehicles, ect. This likely takes a couple of hours and is probably deployed within a day. Adding in something like a whole new drug system requires tons of new scripts and routines and this would require a lot of time put into it, a lot of the time the assets aren't just there for them to use. This really varies and could take a couple days to weeks of development time. 

Everyone needs to keep in mind that the devs are NOT paid. I constantly see on suggestions "Well, the devs should focus on x before this" and it's honestly just rude. They're here to help the community so I don't blame them for potentially not wanting to work on certain features in their own freetime. 

I also believe there was a major update in September with tons of new guns. Maybe not aimed towards illegal RP but the guns were made available for illegal suppliers. And in October a lockpick overhaul was implemented.

Maybe the suggestions you want aren't added in yet but that's fine. It takes time for these things and we need to stop trying to harass the developers so often about shit they actually do work on, it's awful. If you want to see it added sooner start taking some C# courses and apply for the development team. Everything you guys are looking for will take time to be developed and implemented, it's not an anim or a car it's a robust system. Support the devs who take time out of their own busy lives to work on the server and give them encouragement. 

• Applaud 1
5 minutes ago, HerpToTheDerp said:

I feel like the community really lacks the understanding of how development works. 

"Why they add ERP anims and cars omegalul". Usually adding in a animation likely requires a minimal amount of effort from the dev team, they make a couple of changes in the script for the new item but beyond that they don't create the animations, vehicles, ect. This likely takes a couple of hours and is probably deployed within a day. Adding in something like a whole new drug system requires tons of new scripts and routines and this would require a lot of time put into it, a lot of the time the assets aren't just there for them to use. This really varies and could take a couple days to weeks of development time. 

Everyone needs to keep in mind that the devs are NOT paid. I constantly see on suggestions "Well, the devs should focus on x before this" and it's honestly just rude. They're here to help the community so I don't blame them for potentially not wanting to work on certain features in their own freetime. 

I also believe there was a major update in September with tons of new guns. Maybe not aimed towards illegal RP but the guns were made available for illegal suppliers. And in October a lockpick overhaul was implemented.

Maybe the suggestions you want aren't added in yet but that's fine. It takes time for these things and we need to stop trying to harass the developers so often about shit they actually do work on, it's awful. If you want to see it added sooner start taking some C# courses and apply for the development team. Everything you guys are looking for will take time to be developed and implemented, it's not an anim or a car it's a robust system. Support the devs who take time out of their own busy lives to work on the server and give them encouragement. 

I'm honestly sick of hearing this. Nobody pays their developers on a roleplay server, that doesn't mean they should only focus on stupid ass ERP animations instead of something that helps a majority of the server? If you're going to complain about having to do developer work then don't become a fucking developer, simple.

Edited by Juicy
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Juicy said:

I'm honestly sick of hearing this. Nobody pays their developers on a roleplay server, that doesn't mean they should only focus on stupid ass ERP animations instead of something that helps a majority of the server? If you're going to complain about having to do developer work then don't become a fucking developer, simple.

Like I said it takes like an hour maybe probably to add a ERP anim? If you're going to complain about how the developers work why don't you become a developer and help the team? They're working in their own freetime, probably after coming home from their 9-5 job. I'd pick and choose the suggestions I think are fun to develop too. (Not saying that's what they do but that's what I'd do in my own opinion.)