The Cayo Perico Heist - What we do and do not know

Marksman

dont think it should be santa catalina if it's made to resemble some south american narcos getaway. We don't know much about how it looks apart from the short clip and if it ends up looking too far off from santa catalina then it would make no sense to RP it as that. I get the sense that rockstar is going for an approach of this being some cuba type island instead of a californian one though, so that should affect what we choose to rp it as.

Treat Cayo Perico as Cayo Perico and claim that, due to it's colonial-like buildings, that it was a historical site for the Spanish settlers. Convert it to a tourist area with a residential area. Afterall, most island tourist labourers actually reside on the island of their workplace. You would also have foreign investors and wealthy members of society owning beach-houses etc... as a vacation place.

Edited by DLimit
19 hours ago, Pathway said:

dont think it should be santa catalina if it's made to resemble some south american narcos getaway. We don't know much about how it looks apart from the short clip and if it ends up looking too far off from santa catalina then it would make no sense to RP it as that. I get the sense that rockstar is going for an approach of this being some cuba type island instead of a californian one though, so that should affect what we choose to rp it as.

Obviously if it turns out to be something completely different, it should be treated as something completely different. But there’s a high chance it is based off one of the Californian islands

Some sort of aviation company/faction could totally exploit this island and its runways, flying people to and from. That would be cool to see.

The only thing I'm worried about is that when this island is implemented in to our RP, the server will be spread thinner thus decreasing the amount of interaction and RP available in the current map. We will ultimately have to consider things like a fire/police presence on the island as well.

I hope that doesn't become an issue because this addition to the map looks like it could be a good one.

10 minutes ago, brogza said:

Some sort of aviation company/faction could totally exploit this island and its runways, flying people to and from. That would be cool to see.

The only thing I'm worried about is that when this island is implemented in to our RP, the server will be spread thinner thus decreasing the amount of interaction and RP available in the current map. We will ultimately have to consider things like a fire/police presence on the island as well.

I hope that doesn't become an issue because this addition to the map looks like it could be a good one.

Cayo Perico may finally be something that can force players to utilize boat and aviation companies. Import/Export of goods and vehicles from Cayo Perico to San Andreas.

The island is not going to be so large that players will be spread thin. If we are so lucky that there is commercial and residential buildings, they will all likely be within close proximity, with only the farmlands, dockyard, airfield and villas being spread further apart which, again, doesn't really make a difference.

The only issue I see is the matter of law enforcement and emergency rescue presence on the island. If the map provides us with everything we need, then everything else is fine. But it is the government department presence that concerns me. Could new departments be formed? Yes. Is it a bad idea? Probably. So if we use current departments, they will definitely be spread thin.

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

Cayo Perico may finally be something that can force players to utilize boat and aviation companies. Import/Export of goods and vehicles from Cayo Perico to San Andreas.

The island is not going to be so large that players will be spread thin. If we are so lucky that there is commercial and residential buildings, they will all likely be within close proximity, with only the farmlands, dockyard, airfield and villas being spread further apart which, again, doesn't really make a difference.

The only issue I see is the matter of law enforcement and emergency rescue presence on the island. If the map provides us with everything we need, then everything else is fine. But it is the government department presence that concerns me. Could new departments be formed? Yes. Is it a bad idea? Probably. So if we use current departments, they will definitely be spread thin.

I believe that the police presence would be minimal, as it's a fairly small island. It'd probably be loaded with security companies, as-well, protecting businesses and tourist locations.

On 11/22/2020 at 7:13 AM, yerro said:

Well, I was being sarcastic. Yeah, there's a bunch of islands in California that are more corresponding to the size of Cayo Perico, like even Santa Cruz and others that are a bit NW.

giphy.gif

Well, you're being a bit narrow-minded there. Yeah, for the sake of realism, it should totally be Santa Catalina. It's the closest and of the most corresponding size.

The point I'm trying to make is that we're trying to incorporate that island into the GTA World lore, and if we're talking about tourism, smuggling or air travel as activities, Hawaii being more removed would offer more opportunities. If you ask me, that's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make -- making Cayo Perico one of the Hawaiian chain islands.

But hey, I'm not even arguing for it though, I was just voicing an idea.

Eh, I don’t think it would really work. Hawaii basically shares nothing in common with Cayo Perico other than “island(s) with beaches”. The buildings and landscape don’t look like they fit at all so you would have to completely revamp the island to make it believable.

While RPing it as a different country would be cool and all it would be a MASSIVE headache for law enforcement and courts. From what would be petty drug possession would turn into international drug trafficking and god only knows how we begin to deal with that.

Can't wait for the boom in air and boat travel companies though