The Cayo Perico Heist - What we do and do not know

Marksman

9 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Ah yes Hawaii. Well known for its single island. Also known to be within shouting distance from the coast of California. 

Distance and scale is up to interpretation, and no one says we can't RP the rest of the islands being there. If by comparison Hawaii offers better opportunities for cross-state or tourism RP, then there's no harm in RPing the island as being one in the chain of Hawaii, far removed.

Edited by yerro
1 hour ago, Marksman said:

Ah yes Hawaii. Well known for its single island. Also known to be within shouting distance from the coast of California. 

This comment is just stupid in a sense that whole blaine is also a shouting distance from the LS but nobody cares about that, even tho it is clearly specified in the rules that you should RP the trip from one to the other as a few hours.

2 hours ago, yerro said:

Distance and scale is up to interpretation, and no one says we can't RP the rest of the islands being there. If by comparison Hawaii offers better opportunities for cross-state or tourism RP, then there's no harm in RPing the island as being one in the chain of Hawaii, far removed.

Why are you even considering the possibility that we role play Cayo Perico as Hawaii?

we should role play Cayo Perico as..... Cayo Perico. 

41 minutes ago, DjoleK said:

This comment is just stupid in a sense that whole blaine is also a shouting distance from the LS but nobody cares about that, even tho it is clearly specified in the rules that you should RP the trip from one to the other as a few hours.

Big difference between two parts of California and the distance from California to Hawaii bro. 

32 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Why are you even considering the possibility that we role play Cayo Perico as Hawaii?

we should role play Cayo Perico as..... Cayo Perico. 

Big difference between two parts of California and the distance from California to Hawaii bro. 

I'm clearly not suggesting to say it's Hawaii, I'm talking about the scale of the island. According to the GTA World lore, San Andreas replaces California for continuity purposes. The same way, Cayo Perico could potentially replace Hawaii.

As for the difference, yeah. There's also a huge difference between the size of LS vs LA, or San Andreas vs California.

4 hours ago, yerro said:

I'm clearly not suggesting to say it's Hawaii, I'm talking about the scale of the island. According to the GTA World lore, San Andreas replaces California for continuity purposes. The same way, Cayo Perico could potentially replace Hawaii.

As for the difference, yeah. There's also a huge difference between the size of LS vs LA, or San Andreas vs California.

You realize California has islands right?

6 minutes ago, Marksman said:

You realize California has islands right?

Of course not. You realize this conversation can happen without you seeking to undermine me at every turn? Seriously Marksman, one disagreement we've had weeks ago shouldn't dictate how you approach the ideas I'm bringing up in the community.

I get it, you disagree that Cayo Perico could replace one of the Hawaiian islands the same way San Andreas replaces California. Fine, we can leave it at that, there's no need to derail the thread further.

19 minutes ago, yerro said:

Of course not. 

Well its been mentioned multiple times during both Cayo Perico threads.

Seriously Marksman, one disagreement we've had weeks ago shouldn't dictate how you approach the ideas I'm bringing up in the community.

29d.jpg

I get it, you disagree that Cayo Perico could replace one of the Hawaiian islands the same way San Andreas replaces California. Fine, we can leave it at that, there's no need to derail the thread further.

It's not a matter of me just disagreeing. It's a matter of how stupid that would be. The Hawaiian islands have a very different climate to the California area. Also, you know, Santa Catalina exists.

2 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Well its been mentioned multiple times during both Cayo Perico threads.

Well, I was being sarcastic. Yeah, there's a bunch of islands in California that are more corresponding to the size of Cayo Perico, like even Santa Cruz and others that are a bit NW.

3 minutes ago, Marksman said:

29d.jpg

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Marksman said:

It's not a matter of me just disagreeing. It's a matter of how stupid that would be. The Hawaiian islands have a very different climate to the California area. Also, you know, Santa Catalina exists.

Well, you're being a bit narrow-minded there. Yeah, for the sake of realism, it should totally be Santa Catalina. It's the closest and of the most corresponding size.

The point I'm trying to make is that we're trying to incorporate that island into the GTA World lore, and if we're talking about tourism, smuggling or air travel as activities, Hawaii being more removed would offer more opportunities. If you ask me, that's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make -- making Cayo Perico one of the Hawaiian chain islands.

But hey, I'm not even arguing for it though, I was just voicing an idea.

1 minute ago, yerro said:

Yeah, for the sake of realism, it should totally be Santa Catalina.

Great! So we're in agreement. have a nice day.

Personally, I don't think Cayo Perico should be a tourist spot so any mention of that I kind of just blank. Should the island provide enough buildings for commercial and residential, it should just be another place people can live.

can people go there for a vacation? Sure. But it should NOT be something thats, like, forced or encouraged.

Edited by Marksman