"Cayo Perico" in GTA:W?

Beholder

2 hours ago, Dom. said:

Good news is, no rich mallrats get their hands on property here. It seems there's only one house, and it's El Rubio's. Not to mention Cayo Perico is an instanced location like North Yankton - it's not on the normal map. Get memed lol

No direct flights? That sucks.

So I explored the island a little bit, and it is a little tricky to fit this into the existing narrative we have. Its supposed to be  Caribbean/Colombian-based island, and it looks the part. Unless there is an interest in setting up a separate system for this, it would prove very tricky to get started properly.

That being said. There's nothing wrong with trying to expand one's horizons and roleplay in a different setting. The island is rather large and provides an interesting background for a different environment to roleplay in.

As it stands now, I think it is technically feasible to roleplay in this area. 

Edited by mj2002

Cartel hub for suppliers, maybe? Could somehow code it so if you drive/fly far enough west it teleports you to a dimension where the island is, where suppliers can pickup their monthly arms and drugs shipment and have the task of trafficking them back to San Andreas over the pacific ocean. There's literally an airstrip on the island like something out of Narcos.

Could even make it an optional thing, make it riskier getting stuff into Los Santos but you get more per month at a lower price.

Edited by Corey_
  • Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Rage allows you to travel to this island, so that's not a big concern.

I wasn't pointing out a concern, more a lack of reason. It doesn't promote roleplay and it'll be a trend that's big for about a week. All that development effort for nothing.

Better to focus development time elsewhere.