"Cayo Perico" in GTA:W?

Beholder

19 minutes ago, Brennan said:

The current map is large enough, if there's a need for tourism/off the map areas for cartels/mobs. A couple of months ago there was a resort open on the west coast of the map, which shut down(?) for unknown reasons to my knowledge.

If there is a need for a tourist attraction, Staff should attempt to create one on the current map, check if there's a demand for it before launching a whole new map.

Right now I just don't see how it can add value. New players already have a hard time finding roleplay in the city, imagine the ghost town this map would leave behind (more than it already is).

Lol the map is going on the server regardless. It's not something that'll be done by choice, it will just be there.

Also bold of you to assume that the island will suddenly make mainland San Andreas barren lol

2 hours ago, Marksman said:

Lol the map is going on the server regardless. It's not something that'll be done by choice, it will just be there.

Also bold of you to assume that the island will suddenly make mainland San Andreas barren lol

Exactly

Why limit this island? Don't make RULES about what a player can and can't do here, if someone wants to do illegal rp here? Let them do. Someone wants to do legal vacation RP here? Let them do it. Someone wants to make a faction based on this island? Let IFM decide. If someone is breaking rules and misusing the island, admins will step in.

2 hours ago, DoomedAmerica said:

Exactly

Why limit this island? Don't make RULES about what a player can and can't do here, if someone wants to do illegal rp here? Let them do. Someone wants to do legal vacation RP here? Let them do it. Someone wants to make a faction based on this island? Let IFM decide. If someone is breaking rules and misusing the island, admins will step in.

Yeah if someone's willing to head out to BFE to commit illegal activity it's not really any different than going out to Paleto Forest to do it so why not

Personally, If anything, the thing I only wish is not to be used for Illegal roleplayers. The amount of illegal roleplayers in Compton is enough and we don't need more updates to help. We need more updates for the government or legal roleplayers. 

Or at least if there's going to be some illegal shit going on the island, then there should be like a police station over there. But, according to Rockstar it's very unlikely. It looks like a private island.

3 minutes ago, ThomasNoman said:

Personally, If anything, the thing I only wish is not to be used for Illegal roleplayers. The amount of illegal roleplayers in Compton is enough and we don't need more updates to help. We need more updates for the government or legal roleplayers. 

Or at least if there's going to be some illegal shit going on the island, then there should be like a police station over there. But, according to Rockstar it's very unlikely. It looks like a private island.

Illegal roleplayers barely get any updates bro.....wdym? I feel like if it's acknowledge and implemented like my previous post then it should have Illegal & Legal roleplay.

Edited by MCB666
Clarify.
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, MCB666 said:

Illegal roleplayers barely get any updates bro.....wdym? I feel like if it's acknowledge and implemented like my previous post then it should have Illegal & Legal roleplay.

I understand if the island is diverse enough for residential and commercial areas then illegal RP such as robberies or other things are reasonable. But I don't want to see some faction doing some smuggling shit on there.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, insaned said:

it most likely is a mexican island, however i find it odd that it is called Perico. because i have only ever heard cubans call it perico in real life- but i'm not around any mexicans so i don't know if they also call it that but it's unlikely

You say this with what confidence? Cuban? Mexican? Which one is it? Make your mind up lol

11 minutes ago, ThomasNoman said:

Personally, If anything, the thing I only wish is not to be used for Illegal roleplayers. The amount of illegal roleplayers in Compton is enough

Yo what's compton bro?

11 minutes ago, ThomasNoman said:

don't need more updates to help. We need more updates for the government 

thats almost hilarious.

11 minutes ago, MCB666 said:

If the island is implemented and acknowledged ICly, it'd be cool to probably roleplay it as Catalina Island.

Or, we roleplay it as Cayo Perico, as that's the name of the island.

6 minutes ago, Marksman said:

You say this with what confidence? Cuban? Mexican? Which one is it? Make your mind up lol

Yo what's compton bro?

thats almost hilarious.

Or, we roleplay it as Cayo Perico, as that's the name of the island.

Marksman, can you please not start with this shit bro? I know you wanna always be fucking right but c'mon man you gonna hop on everyone's dick like in each single thread that you comment in? 

Edited by MCB666
  • Upvote 1