"Cayo Perico" in GTA:W?

Beholder

1 hour ago, Whatwasit said:

If you want to make use of all the possibilities this island has to offer, besides it being a great place as a resort and for tourists with vacation purposes, it would be the perfect place for a small community to settle and take charge of the drug trade by growing, creating and transporting to San Andreas using boats and aviation. This is a perfect opportunity to realistically obtain drugs in San Andreas.

This update is a gentle reminder from Rockstargames telling us to do something about the fucking drug system. It's nothing personal @Jauss, people are just done and sick of hearing the words government and PD with every announced update.

It would be amazing to see the Drug Revamp hitting soon. That would be a gamechanger for illegal RP and everything else for that matter.

I know it not personal. But acting out, misbehaving wont get you anywhere. Be respectful and back up your opinions and thoughts is what matters to me. 

Don't worry. I for one, knows what is it like feeling strongly about something on GTA:W. I've had my fights with Property Management. 

Edited by Jauss
24 minutes ago, Whatwasit said:

If you want to make use of all the possibilities this island has to offer, besides it being a great place as a resort and for tourists with vacation purposes, it would be the perfect place for a small community to settle and take charge of the drug trade by growing, creating and transporting to San Andreas using boats and aviation. This is a perfect opportunity to realistically obtain drugs in San Andreas.

I remember what I was Head of the Supplier program in Illegal FM. We also did this kind of stuff to the suppliers, where we provided them with drugs & weapons through boats, planes, etc. 

It could actually maybe work if maybe you got a supplier/smuggler staff controlled faction out of this, that would provide drugs for the suppliers through this. And the major/official factions. Or only the factions. It would at least complete the circle to where the drugs come from. 

I am not 100% sure on how the things run as of now, with the suppliers. But this would be such a sick idea. As long as it was supervised.

I doubt any faction would be allowed to just get their hands on an entire island. The problem with that would also be, what happens if the place get found by PD? Then the island will be raided with everything they got. And then what? Then it would stand empty after that? 

As the islands main purpose would be drug making and transporting. 

I like the thought if it was somewhat under supervision. And there was some kind of ruleset about it etc. But I think it will be hard to control without ruining some of the immersion.

What do you think? 

Edited by Jauss

People arguing about this and that stop it.

There are two possibilities on how and what the island will be. First of all there is a high chance that it will be a loading screen only which means it will have to be a teleport to the island from an airport or something. Second option it's likely that it will physically exist on the map and you will be able to reach it with a boat or a plane/helicopter.

Now for what the island is, it's all but pretty much confirmed that it's going to be a cartel island as you see from the teaser it's a beach, airport and a huge Mansion with several buildings with weed plantations and outposts.

So what can the island be on GTAW? Only two things that make sense, this either has to be a Cartel island that would be "given" for a Cartell faction allowing someone like Grupo Garetta roleplay out their Cartel side of the faction that they currently can't which means it's private and only way to get there would be to get invited or kidnapped or something along those lines.

Option number two, a resort the location of the Island is going to be either Mexico or Colombia according to current information. Now the issue is this with Sandy Shores and Paleto bay we already have too big of a map for the current population adding an island where everyone will want to go is pointless and will split the rp too much which is why the Island should be a resort that opens up maybe X amount of times or can only be visited by X amount of people per week/month needing to reserve your spot in advance and pay a hefty sum to even go there like a proper holiday.

This island should not be "open" for every person on the server because it will simply split roleplay too much as everyone from davis banger to the mayor of Los Santos is gonna want to go there.

Needs to be private resort with a paywall (moneysink) or a Cartel island for one of the few factions that exist and makes sense for them to have an element of their faction on that said island.

1 minute ago, Jauss said:

What do you think? 

Everything should be ran by players with limitations and rules, it should not be ran by a staff controlled faction. The PD can raid parts of the island from time to time and arrest groups of people which would automatically set a stop to the export of weapons and drugs to San Andreas, which will then lead to increased prices in the cities. The island should be the base of a newly introduced drug and weapon supply system.

I think we could best wait until the update is released to discuss this any further, I honestly doubt that the island will be added to the current map and would rather be a place for teleportation using the submarine shown in the teaser trailer. The older and last generation consoles can barely run the current map, so I doubt they would make an extra part of the map available which will destroy these consoles.

20 minutes ago, Whatwasit said:

Everything should be ran by players with limitations and rules, it should not be ran by a staff controlled faction. The PD can raid parts of the island from time to time and arrest groups of people which would automatically set a stop to the export of weapons and drugs to San Andreas, which will then lead to increased prices in the cities. The island should be the base of a newly introduced drug and weapon supply system.

This would be amazing actually.

Okay so here's what I think should be done with the island RP the island as Catalina Island. Catalina island is saw for some as a tourist location however, its not all a tourist island. There is lots of illegal activity, gang activity and more that goes onto the Catalina island. Maybe mobs/cartels could go here and ONLY here is where they can get their illegal shipments, they then have to RP importing them into the city.

This island is way too big for JUST tourism this island is way too big for JUST cartels, this island is way too big for one specific thing rather than lots of things combined. Lets be open minded, set a VERY few minimum rules on what can go on here and what can't and let the RP'ers decide.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, DoomedAmerica said:

Okay so here's what I think should be done with the island RP the island as Catalina Island. Catalina island is saw for some as a tourist location however, its not all a tourist island. There is lots of illegal activity, gang activity and more that goes onto the Catalina island. Maybe mobs/cartels could go here and ONLY here is where they can get their illegal shipments, they then have to RP importing them into the city.

This island is way too big for JUST tourism this island is way too big for JUST cartels, this island is way too big for one specific thing rather than lots of things combined. Lets be open minded, set a VERY few minimum rules on what can go on here and what can't and let the RP'ers decide.

This is exactly the kind of attitude we should all have towards it. In general I think we all need to be open minded about what Cayo Perico can provide to the server. We should be thinking about what we CAN do with it, what it can do for US. We shouldn't be thinking about what we CANNOT do with it.

Stay positive, remain optimistic and seek out anything good we can get from it.

Furthermore, if the island can provide sufficient area for players to live on the island, we should also be looking at the possibility of vehicles having to be imported and exported off the island. We already have the flatbed script. That same principle can be implemented to many other vehicles with similar capabilities. Boats, planes. It has an airfield. If you live on the island and you want a dirt bike, or a car, you'll have to import it from the mainland. Likely at additional fee of the import/export company.

Edited by Marksman

The current map is large enough, if there's a need for tourism/off the map areas for cartels/mobs. A couple of months ago there was a resort open on the west coast of the map, which shut down(?) for unknown reasons to my knowledge.

If there is a need for a tourist attraction, Staff should attempt to create one on the current map, check if there's a demand for it before launching a whole new map.

Right now I just don't see how it can add value. New players already have a hard time finding roleplay in the city, imagine the ghost town this map would leave behind (more than it already is).