"Cayo Perico" in GTA:W?

Beholder

29 minutes ago, Henning said:

Not going to lie, I'm kind of getting salty now. Illegal RPers are begging for any little update they can get yet PD has the gall to push for every possible update or change to be focused on them.

They're not in PD nor do they speak for PD. I'm part of PD and I think getting a whole yee ass island is stupid and entirely unrealistic and I don't want it. If anything, I want even less of Zancudo because realistically and ideally it'd be an airbase. one which i'd like to see people roleplaying at but we know that's never gonna happen

I hope the island is something that players are able to access and that it isn't all cartel'd up and full of tactical/reinforced stuff that makes it look like a Tropico 5 DLC. If there's a segment that's all mil'd up but the rest is fine? Have it as some kind of a leisure island with limited access.

What do I hope for?

I just hope for fun content that's here to stay for a while. Even if it's only really cool in GTA:O, I look forward to trying it because it looks pretty fun tbh.

Honestly even if it's only a spot to roleplay going there as a tourist or something that would be very cool to have in World. Being able to have a company for transportation between the island and SA would be very cool as well. 

Ultimately though I don't think we'll have use for it on World but I would love to see it used if possible. 

47 minutes ago, Henning said:

Bruh this is just funny.

What exactly would PD use the island for? Training to navally invade Cuba? You've got Fort Zancudo already and even that tbh is way, way more then LSPD needs. Your saying any illegal RPers using the island would be a little too action movie like, yet your saying PD should be able to use it which will undoubtedly lead to SWAT acting more like they are Navy Seals then they already do.

Not going to lie, I'm kind of getting salty now. Illegal RPers are begging for any little update they can get yet PD has the gall to push for every possible update or change to be focused on them. 

An airbase is far from fit for anything that would resemble a real scenario, when it comes to training. At least the facilities on Fort Zancudo are nowhere near adequate for that compared to this place. I don't blame you to not be able to see the potential this island has to the PD, like I do. I have never mentioned anything about naval invasions. Thats all you.

Also you emply that I am saying that PD should use it. That is not what I have said at all. I simply made my prediction on what will happen to the place. 

We can 100% agree that illegal RP should be provided more assets. Im on your side there. For sure. 

I don't RP PD and I don't RP illegal. I have no side in this. I have simply stated what I think it could be used for and what would make the most sense, from a realism standpoint of my own. 

So please. There is absolutely no reason to start being passive aggressive, simply for making a personal prediction from the very deficient details on this island that we have been provided as of now. Same goes for @Marksman

Have some respect towards other community members expressing what they think, just like the hundred of times you have expressed your own opinions on forum yourselves. 

I get that you clearly care a lot about illegal RP and you want to see some stuff go your way. And I definitely support you in that. I think it's very needed. 

But drop the attitude. 

Just now, Jauss said:

An airbase is far from fit for anything that would resemble a real scenario, when it comes to training. At least the facilities on Fort Zancudo are nowhere near adequate for that compared to this place.

Clearly you have no idea about the facilities within Fort Zancudo that allow PD to train.

Just now, Jauss said:

Also you emply that I am saying that PD should use it. That is not what I have said at all. I simply made my prediction on what will happen to the place. 

That's pretty much what you said.

1 minute ago, Jauss said:

I don't RP PD and I don't RP illegal. I have no side in this. I have simply stated what I think it could be used for and what would make the most sense, from a realism standpoint of my own. 

Then may I suggest you keep your assumptions of what PD can and cannot do with Fort Zancudo to yourself.

5 minutes ago, Jauss said:

You literally said 4 hours ago, on this thread : "But I honestly think that it would be the perfect place for LSPD and special unit exercises, if you were to play off the entire island as a training ground."

Your prediction was heavily influenced by what YOU want to happen, hence why your getting called out. Staff reads these threads to inform their decision, you as an Ex-staff member should know that. All it takes is 5 or 6 people suggesting that the island should go to PD for them to get the wrong idea that this is what the community wants.

If you want to make use of all the possibilities this island has to offer, besides it being a great place as a resort and for tourists with vacation purposes, it would be the perfect place for a small community to settle and take charge of the drug trade by growing, creating and transporting to San Andreas using boats and aviation. This is a perfect opportunity to realistically obtain drugs in San Andreas.

This update is a gentle reminder from Rockstargames telling us to do something about the fucking drug system. It's nothing personal @Jauss, people are just done and sick of hearing the words government and PD with every announced update.

15 minutes ago, Henning said:

You literally said 4 hours ago, on this thread : "But I honestly think that it would be the perfect place for LSPD and special unit exercises, if you were to play off the entire island as a training ground."

Your prediction was heavily influenced by what YOU want to happen, hence why your getting called out. Staff reads these threads to inform their decision, you as an Ex-staff member should know that. All it takes is 5 or 6 people suggesting that the island should go to PD for them to get the wrong idea that this is what the community wants.

I do think its a perfect place. Of course I do. From what we've seen so far. Indeed. 

But I never said they should. I said it would. Because I don't see any other use for it. 

My prediction has nothing to do with what I want to happen. As I said. I am completely neutral. To be 100% honest, I couldn't care less, as long as it will bring RP to as many as possible. 

Just because I am an Ex-staff member, doesn't mean I have a say in anything more than you. Im simply a community member expressing my thoughts on a place that non of us know anything about yet. 

I believe that the staff is more than capable of making their own decisions without being influenced by me or anyone else. 

Now you have simply made a bigger deal out of highlighting my predictions and opinions, which just make even more people read it. If you don't feel that what I am saying is correct or if you do not agree, that is fine by me. I don't blame you.

But maybe you should come with predictions or ideas yourself, if you have any? To use the place for? I mean. I guess you have some? Otherwise you wouldn't care so much about the island in the first place? 

Lets hear it man. I'm down to try and see it from your perspective if you got an awesome idea. Im all ears. (Or eyes, for this matter).

Edited by Jauss
40 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

I hope the island is something that players are able to access and that it isn't all cartel'd up and full of tactical/reinforced stuff that makes it look like a Tropico 5 DLC. If there's a segment that's all mil'd up but the rest is fine? Have it as some kind of a leisure island with limited access.

Yes! Tropico is awesome! I vote to place @effion at the top as dictator of the Cayo Perico faction, and he has to smoke/hold a cigar non stop.

aE6JZJX.png