"Cayo Perico" in GTA:W?

Beholder

I've replied to this before, but I still believe this island shouldn't be apart of the server. If this were added in-game the server would not use it after couple days and will be a niche location for factions to set up.

(smh didnt proofread)

Edited by Woona
  • Upvote 1

it'd be a fantastic addition and it honestly baffles me so many people are against it

there's so much potential with this island

as for the "the server isn't populated" argument, the server will /never/ be populated. if you're waiting to wake up one day and have 11,000 players on, you're going to be waiting a very long time. that's just an excuse, and a poor, self-destructive excuse at that. you're literally depriving yourself of roleplay opportunities just because...the server doesn't have a ton of people?

small, interesting areas are /good/ for the server's population, because it concentrates people. GTAW needs more centers for people to concentrate in, so that new players can easily find roleplay, etc. That's why the mega mall exists, right?

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, NickyW said:

it'd be a fantastic addition and it honestly baffles me so many people are against it

there's so much potential with this island

as for the "the server isn't populated" argument, the server will /never/ be populated. if you're waiting to wake up one day and have 11,000 players on, you're going to be waiting a very long time. that's just an excuse, and a poor, self-destructive excuse at that. you're literally depriving yourself of roleplay opportunities just because...the server doesn't have a ton of people?

small, interesting areas are /good/ for the server's population, because it concentrates people. GTAW needs more centers for people to concentrate in, so that new players can easily find roleplay, etc. That's why the mega mall exists, right?

ah yes the mega mall... completely thriving and its something easily accessible as opposed to a damn island where you need a boat, helicopter or plane to get to.

and yes, the first part is sarcasm, it's dead.

also the "server isnt populated" is a very good excuse, you can already roam the streets and not see people for ages, opening up an island for players to visit willy nilly and "center" their RP around will only make this worse and add to the fact the streets are already dead.

Edited by Jura
18 minutes ago, NickyW said:

im baffled people think they can be against it in the first place lmao. Do they think nervous is gonna message rockstar and tell them don't add the update or something? It's not an optional feature, it's literally a map update, we will be involunitarily forced to download it if we want to keep using gta v. 

The island would be cool to rp vacations on. As for everyone complaining that people will live on the island, it's already hard to get a beach condo let alone a mansion via house requests, so what makes you think it's gonna be even remotely easy to get one on the island. If someone actually ends up getting their application accepted for something like that, then they must deserve it.

Shouldn't be a cartel island though imo, it's literally based off the catalina islands. If it is used by cartel-cell factions then I wouldn't mind too much though, the map is pretty big and has a lot of space so it's not like they'd be affecting anyone elses RP/

• Upvote 1

And to everyone saying it will be dead in a week, that map addition is the most interesting thing to happen to gta v since 2013, nobodys gonna get bored of it that quickly, especially if businesses like hotels open up on it. But even without any businesses i'm pretty sure this island can hold its relevancy for several months if not years.