"Cayo Perico" in GTA:W?

Beholder

16 minutes ago, Jura said:

focus on populating sandy and paleto

Unsure about this one, it's received a population boom from the past 3 months and continues to grow to this day. I'd say it's well and truly populated right now, not compared to the likes of some neighbourhoods down in the city but that's to be expected due to the lack of housing, however.. the community up in those areas are both flourishing and the factions that reside there. 

Back on topic, if this does somehow find it's way onto the live-server, it sure will do something great for both naval and aviation types of roleplay. Having to ferry passengers to and from the Islands, haven't experienced something like that during my many years of roleplay thus far. 

Edited by Lewwwy
  • Upvote 1

If it's apart of the main map and somewhat fits the theme of San Andreas (I understand that it doesn't look like it rn but we've barely seen anything besides a few key locations) I think it will add a ton of RP for those interested in aviation and naval rp. The house? Lol, give it to the cartel cell faction.

I mean it's just like the houses in Rockford, Everybody thought it would be an issue but the correct amount of OOC oversight by PM has been shown.

10 minutes ago, Jura said:

focus populating sandy and paleto

I agree with you that those should be top priority but until there's a feasible way to add more trailers or homes? There isn't much that can be done. If like I said before it's apart of the map? It'll also help Sandy and grapeseed as rn those are two of the only useable airstrips.

As a long time DayZ player, I see it going down like the prison island map addition. Yeah at the begin a large number of people will bum rush the island but after awhile it'll just die down and return to normal. The trip won't be worth the RP you'll be getting in return.

Lots of RP in the tourism industry could be provided by having the island in-game such as boat tours and scenic plane rides. As far as housing, it depends on how GTAW RPs the island and what the island map will truly consist of. If it is based on Santa Catalina Island then there is some expensive real-estate, hotels, bars, restaurants, and night clubs.

Fun fact about this RL island, visitors cant actually drive cars, so there is an abundance of golf carts that are the main transportation around.

Edited by bvord

I personally see this being a vacation island if anything. I don't really see it being a casual island people can come and live on, atleast not right away. If the player base exceeds 600-700 daily players, I can probably see it being something that's used on a daily basis, maybe a higher playerbase. But with where it stands and what we know for sure currently about it, it'll be a nice place to RP a vacation at, but not really anything else yet imo.

I'm against this. It'll only split the playerbase more.

Put it behind a lease or something so you can like rent an island for your character's wedding or some shit and not something permanent people can roam around into, like the yacht, playboy mansion, etc