Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
ThatDutchPerson

Google Forms w/ Discord for your business

Recommended Posts

So I tried reaching LFM to ask this multiple times, with no results. So I’ll ask it here.

 

Ingame, my character is a DJ. Normally to make a booking, you could either call or DM her on facebrowser. But this is easily lost.

 

So, I came with an idea. I made a google form, which uses a webhook to send the filled in forms into a discord channel in my discord server. No data is collected apart from those answers.

 

My question mainly is;

- Is this allowed?

- Do I need permission to use such a system?

- Does a LFM admin need to be present in said discord server for this? The discord is not neccesary for my business, but mainly friends together and the forms end in a channel only available to me.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson

Share this post


Link to post
zaXer.    250

Wont using Google Forms make everything much easier, rather than having it go through a bot to discord? That way you'll avoid having an admin to supervise it.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Wont using Google Forms make everything much easier, rather than having it go through a bot to discord? That way you'll avoid having an admin to supervise it.

I kinda hate the fact I have to open a different website just to view a messy overview of all filled in stuff. Plus if I forget to check it, bookings will go unnoticed and thats a no go to my business.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson

Share this post


Link to post
zaXer.    250
Just now, ThatDutchPerson said:

I kinda hate the fact I have to open a different website just to view a messy overview of all filled in stuff. Plus if I forget to check it, bookings will go unnoticed and thats a no go to my business.

you can link a webhook to your google forms to your discord to notify 🙂 that way you get notified about it. BUt yeah, I understand you.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, zaXer. said:

you can link a webhook to your google forms to your discord to notify 🙂 that way you get notified about it. BUt yeah, I understand you.

Thats... what it does now. A filled in google form is sent, and then the webhook brings it into my discord. It appears as this; (this was an obvious troll, and the blurred out stuff is ''(( Forum name ))''. Had to blur it out because I posted this for name and shaming on FB )).

Capture.PNG

Edited by ThatDutchPerson

Share this post


Link to post
zaXer.    250
Just now, ThatDutchPerson said:

Thats... what it does now. A filled in google form is sent, and then the webhook brings it into my discord. It appears as this;

Capture.PNG

Yeah, but it brings the data int odiscord (which is the sensitive thing).

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, zaXer. said:

Yeah, but it brings the data int odiscord (which is the sensitive thing).

Thats why Im asking here now. My ingame questions and questions over discord are ignored by the LFM team.

So Im hoping they can reply here.

Share this post


Link to post
TyJ    101

You’d have to PM LFM through the forums and wait patiently.

Edited by TyJ

Share this post


Link to post
Charlesvito    151

People have tried to make things run through a discord server before and it hasn’t worked all to well. Usually it’s just easier to keep your eye on the google forms responses, just to avoid treading on that thin ice. But as the people above said, it’s worth asking!

Share this post


Link to post
St3fan[NL]    382

I had this for my company purchases in my business discord. I dont see the difference between logging on the drive to view the excel file or get a bot to notify you in your own discord.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...