Google Forms w/ Discord for your business

ThatDutchPerson

So I tried reaching LFM to ask this multiple times, with no results. So I’ll ask it here.

Ingame, my character is a DJ. Normally to make a booking, you could either call or DM her on facebrowser. But this is easily lost.

So, I came with an idea. I made a google form, which uses a webhook to send the filled in forms into a discord channel in my discord server. No data is collected apart from those answers.

My question mainly is;

- Is this allowed?

- Do I need permission to use such a system?

- Does a LFM admin need to be present in said discord server for this? The discord is not neccesary for my business, but mainly friends together and the forms end in a channel only available to me.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
15 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Wont using Google Forms make everything much easier, rather than having it go through a bot to discord? That way you'll avoid having an admin to supervise it.

I kinda hate the fact I have to open a different website just to view a messy overview of all filled in stuff. Plus if I forget to check it, bookings will go unnoticed and thats a no go to my business.

Just now, ThatDutchPerson said:

I kinda hate the fact I have to open a different website just to view a messy overview of all filled in stuff. Plus if I forget to check it, bookings will go unnoticed and thats a no go to my business.

you can link a webhook to your google forms to your discord to notify 🙂 that way you get notified about it. BUt yeah, I understand you.

1 minute ago, zaXer. said:

you can link a webhook to your google forms to your discord to notify 🙂 that way you get notified about it. BUt yeah, I understand you.

Thats... what it does now. A filled in google form is sent, and then the webhook brings it into my discord. It appears as this; (this was an obvious troll, and the blurred out stuff is ''(( Forum name ))''. Had to blur it out because I posted this for name and shaming on FB )).

Capture.PNG

People have tried to make things run through a discord server before and it hasn’t worked all to well. Usually it’s just easier to keep your eye on the google forms responses, just to avoid treading on that thin ice. But as the people above said, it’s worth asking!

• Woona locked this topic