difficult experience with GTA World

Rodrick Sharpe

A little bit of context. 

Mr Sharpe came up to a group of gang members asking for a weapon.

We took his money (didn't harm him) and told him to leave. 

Mr Sharpe then comes back and rams into us with his car resulting in him getting shot.

Mr Sharpe grows even more angry so he plows into me right next to law enforcement. 

I would recommend you learn a little bit more about how RP works, and how to be more realistic when portraying your character.

You were in Davis asking gang members for guns, not Vinewood.

Good Luck Mr Sharpe. 🙂

Regarding my experience in the server, which has been almost 9 straight months, I've never been robbed. The thing that you need to have in consideration is that this is not the regular FiveM server where you can walk around shooting and ramming people lmaoo.

Don't think you gonna get yourself an empire in just three or four days. 

I have a character that I'm still improving on a daily basis, if you want to play like others play, stop and absorb for a minute that you'll need to dedicate weeks or even months to have a good character with a good rp background.

I'd recommend you read some RP guides. Not sure why everyone is ganging up on this guy who's clearly new and isn't experienced. However, if you're looking for a "cops and robbers" type thing here, this isn't the server for you. Like I said though, I'd read up on some RP guides if you're genuinely interested in staying (although with all the toxicity on this thread I'm not sure that you'll want to stay).

small edit: I'd also recommend reading some guides about grammar. I had an interaction with you and you weren't using much grammar or anything in your sentences.

These are a few guides that I think are pretty helpful for newcomers. 🙂

Edited by Bauer
  • Upvote 1
9 hours ago, yerro said:

The server isn't money-focused. I'm not attacking newcomers, but it's a common misconception in #newbie-help on Discord for people to be focused on how to make more money. Other communities may drive you to believe that money matters, but here it matters a lot less.

You get $5,000 an hour of gameplay for your first 40 hours in the game, amounting to $200,000. That's enough to get a random house from the market or perhaps even buy one from the player, as well as to get a midrange car. Many other jobs provide you with additional income, and it's safe to say that money is never really a bottleneck when you want to RP something. Heck, you can even get to run a business far more easily than it would be in many other communities.

Last but totally not least, you're looking at the experience of getting robbed as something negative OOCly. I feel like you're generally not accustomed to the level of RP here. First, robberies don't happen much. Second, robberies aren't something to be sad about OOCly.

You mention that you wanted to get a gun after getting robbed. Let me ask you, would you pull out a gun on someone just for acting shady, out in the street? Or would you pull one out after they're pointing it at you? My point is, neither case would grant your character a chance to use the gun if we're talking about realism here, and judging by your experience (ramming people with a car), getting a gun would likely get you adminjailed for poor RP.

//

It's understandable that you're confused because you're new. But if you don't know something, you should /ask/. There's a dedicated channel on Discord and a command in the game (/helpme) that lets you ask people questions when you're confused about  something.

You can also find plenty of guides here. I strongly recommend you personally to read this guide.

Hope your experiences improve.

ok thank you I will read up on that recommended guide 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, DLimit said:

If you ever require any advice on the server, contact me on this forum or Ras#4049 on Discord. I am willing to assist you with any thing that you desire with my one and a half years worth of dedicated experience on this server.

P.S. The key towards attaining firearms is to form connections with people WITHOUT discussing firearms. Earn their trust, as a human, before asking for favours.

This server's amazing once you gain a greater understanding of every thing. It's the only "game" I play, to be honest.

ok thank you i added you