difficult experience with GTA World

Rodrick Sharpe

5 hours ago, Rodrick Sharpe said:

I saw that as a good response to being scammed of all my money, I now know that I went wrong, but it's really not fair, y'all don't have some kind of "go easy on new players" policy? i didn't know what i was doing, you're pretty sad for taking all a newbies money

The server isn't money-focused. I'm not attacking newcomers, but it's a common misconception in #newbie-help on Discord for people to be focused on how to make more money. Other communities may drive you to believe that money matters, but here it matters a lot less.

You get $5,000 an hour of gameplay for your first 40 hours in the game, amounting to $200,000. That's enough to get a random house from the market or perhaps even buy one from the player, as well as to get a midrange car. Many other jobs provide you with additional income, and it's safe to say that money is never really a bottleneck when you want to RP something. Heck, you can even get to run a business far more easily than it would be in many other communities.

Last but totally not least, you're looking at the experience of getting robbed as something negative OOCly. I feel like you're generally not accustomed to the level of RP here. First, robberies don't happen much. Second, robberies aren't something to be sad about OOCly.

You mention that you wanted to get a gun after getting robbed. Let me ask you, would you pull out a gun on someone just for acting shady, out in the street? Or would you pull one out after they're pointing it at you? My point is, neither case would grant your character a chance to use the gun if we're talking about realism here, and judging by your experience (ramming people with a car), getting a gun would likely get you adminjailed for poor RP.

//

It's understandable that you're confused because you're new. But if you don't know something, you should /ask/. There's a dedicated channel on Discord and a command in the game (/helpme) that lets you ask people questions when you're confused about  something.

You can also find plenty of guides here. I strongly recommend you personally to read this guide.

Hope your experiences improve.

Looks like you had a rough start on the server, If I were you I'd read some guides on the forums, a few discussions and the server rules to get a feel for the server before you dive right in. Unless you make it obvious no one will know you're a new player and certainly no one is going to treat you any differently for it IC.  Work on taking it easy at the start and building IC friendships/relationships rather than running up to people to buy a gun, that's not going to get you anywhere.

6 hours ago, KoishiKomeiji said:

The idea is the lore of the server follows the GTA Lore. Like everything is lore friendly. 

In relation to your other question. Did you not do the tutorial or hire a rental? You could have easily got your license that way by taking the rental car the tutorial gives you, ignoring the tutorial and going to the DMV marked on the map. Or, sticking with the tutorial and reading it (it gives proper insight into how the server works) where it would eventually take you to the farming job.

I suggest you read the new GTAW wiki (still a work in progress) or some topics on the forums about this, we don't follow GTA V lore. We're set in the real world, there are some difference i.e using lore brands for cars. In general though factions try to be as realistic as possible, for example the LSPD trying to be more inline with the LAPD. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, KoishiKomeiji said:

The idea is the lore of the server follows the GTA Lore. Like everything is lore friendly. 

In relation to your other question. Did you not do the tutorial or hire a rental? You could have easily got your license that way by taking the rental car the tutorial gives you, ignoring the tutorial and going to the DMV marked on the map. Or, sticking with the tutorial and reading it (it gives proper insight into how the server works) where it would eventually take you to the farming job.

It doesn't, ask anyone. Literally the only things transferred are the place names, and even then it's not 100% (eg FaceBrowser instead of FaceInvader)

No gangs like the GSF or Ballas are on this server, and if you try to roleplay one, some badmin will come and shove the hilt of their ban hammer up your ass.

@Rodrick Sharpe Davis and the ghetto areas surrounding it are more PVP zones full of robberies, scams, deathmatch and noobs, and unless you join a faction in these areas and get onto more professional gangsterism, it's going to stay that way.

Downtown, there's a lot of clubs, bars, and other events that happen quite frequently. Most of the civilian RP happens here and you're unlikely to be fucked over in these areas like you would in Davis and you will encounter many people of various creeds. This is also where the OCG roleplay intermixes so you will see people in the civvy crowds with ethnic names and they're almost certainly in these crime groups.

The county, anything north of Vinewood? Forget it for now unless you're a fan of Mein Kampf.

Also, addressing the toxicity you have met so far, a lot of players here don't play this as a game, but as a substitute for real life [mostly due to COVID lockdowns I imagine] and expect you to be highly versed in the world of heavy RP. So forget them for now, and just continue and learn. Any player, or admin, who criticises you or punishes you for actions expected from a total noob instead of taking time to teach you, can honestly fuck themselves.

1 minute ago, weede said:

It doesn't, ask anyone. Literally the only things transferred are the place names, and even then it's not 100% (eg FaceBrowser instead of FaceInvader)

No gangs like the GSF or Ballas are on this server, and if you try to roleplay one, some badmin will come and shove the hilt of their ban hammer up your ass.

@Rodrick Sharpe Davis and the ghetto areas surrounding it are more PVP zones full of robberies, scams, deathmatch and noobs, and unless you join a faction in these areas and get onto more professional gangsterism, it's going to stay that way.

Downtown, there's a lot of clubs, bars, and other events that happen quite frequently. Most of the civilian RP happens here and you're unlikely to be fucked over in these areas like you would in Davis and you will encounter many people of various creeds. This is also where the OCG roleplay intermixes so you will see people in the civvy crowds with ethnic names and they're almost certainly in these crime groups.

The county, anything north of Vinewood? Forget it for now unless you're a fan of Mein Kampf.

Also, addressing the toxicity you have met so far, a lot of players here don't play this as a game, but as a substitute for real life [mostly due to COVID lockdowns I imagine] and expect you to be highly versed in the world of heavy RP. So forget them for now, and just continue and learn. Any player, or admin, who criticises you or punishes you for actions expected from a total noob instead of taking time to teach you, can honestly fuck themselves.

I was talking more in the sense of where gang areas are, brand names, etc. 

1 minute ago, weede said:

this here.

crazy how u guys are coming @ this new player with a mob ass mentality and genuinely bullying them lol