The death of realism.

Copa Cabana

There always has been (and likely always will be) groups like this stemming back even before GTA World. It's just a case of finding a group that roleplays in a way that you enjoy. It might take time, but there are plenty of people who do not roleplay a perfect character/Mary Sue type. There are plenty of people around who appreciate a more grounded, realistic character - myself being one of them. Even if it takes a little time, trial and error, you'll find the right people eventually.

It isn't that and yes, I do have a group of people I RP with but it's all because of OOC friendships I've built in other communities. If I was completely fresh it'd be a messy experience to say the least. I get that people can RP what they want but I really don't see much appreciation for people who are willing to RP imperfections and willing to take major Ls because their character is a real human being.

You can't forever stick to your circle either, you'll need to RP with other people eventually and it's also how you make new friendships IC and OOC. AGain, I personally know people who just gave up RPing realistic characters and made supermodels with no character, appearance or any other flaws whatsoever just get a fair shot at this.

2 minutes ago, Dawn said:

There always has been (and likely always will be) groups like this stemming back even before GTA World. It's just a case of finding a group that roleplays in a way that you enjoy. It might take time, but there are plenty of people who do not roleplay a perfect character/Mary Sue type. There are plenty of people around who appreciate a more grounded, realistic character - myself being one of them. Even if it takes a little time, trial and error, you'll find the right people eventually.

You're completely correct, it's just that it's pretty exhausting when the "group like this" is majority of the server's playerbase.

I think it's fairly easy to explore the community and meet many players if you have a minimally social adept character. RP is escapism, and it's a hobby. Realism means different things to different people, and even if I do sympathize with your message, I think there is still a lot of space to connect with like-minded people. You just have to find your scene.

17 minutes ago, Copa Cabana said:

It isn't that and yes, I do have a group of people I RP with but it's all because of OOC friendships I've built in other communities. If I was completely fresh it'd be a messy experience to say the least.

Starting from the bottom is a matter of whether you as a player and your character are interesting enough to be noticed by other people or you become sonder, the hardest part of starting like that is getting yourself to do the first step, really, I started fresh on gtaw after I moved from gmod (at the time I knew only 2 people from gmod and both were inactive) and the only reason I started to get noticed was when I started working a lot, started to socialize with my coworkers and it just went from there, it's not that hard to be honest

9 hours ago, KoishiKomeiji said:

There is also the issue of people roleplaying mental health etc...People don't seem to like it for all the wrong reasons. Not because its triggering. But, cause you want 'attention' or some other reason. Hello? Not everyone in real life is happy and irl they arent asking for attention.

This annoys me. Los Angeles is a place rich of characters and a handful of them have varying mental issues, yet people attempt to portray them in a way it gives then a reason to just go and DM people because "haha voices told me to".

It sucks, really, I want to RP someone with mental health issues in the near future but I'm scared because people will keep reminding me "hey mental issues are kinda not allowed bro" or will ask things like "hey why are you portraying this?" to the point I grow tired of my character, like I've done before

I agree with this but I also disagree. 

While yes, there are a lot of "super model" characters in GTA World. There's also quite a lot of average looking characters or unattractive characters. Most of my characters just look average and wouldn't stick out of a crowd.

As for actions I think if someone's portray in their characters poorly then report them to PM. I can't imagine an excuse for your character to know several languages and have all of the skills in the world. 

I think there's plenty of other items that currently break realism on the server than how a character looks in my opinion.