The death of realism.

Copa Cabana

Okay, so, I know I am fairly new on this server but I have noticed something that really pokes my eyes. If you were to take the general populace of the characters in GTA: World, you'd see that probably over 80 percent are flawless supermodels that speak many various languages. This goes for both males and females. Now, you might say, "well, let them RP what they want", but I personally pick to RP a realistic character with his own demons and his own flaws. How does that go? I am immediately punished for it. I take far more Ls because my character isn't perfect and doesn't know everything there is to know on Earth. This translates also into daily interactions where you basically get mocked, laughed at and treated like shit just because your character isn't hotter than Hollywood actors. I'm not even going to begin with people who decide to roleplay obese or visibly ugly.

This begs the question though, what can we even do about it? You can't force people to be more realistic about their characters.

Am I alone in being bothered by this issue or are there more people feeling the same way? Discuss.

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 2

To be honest, I dont care how people roleplay their character looking like. The thing that gets me is, people will crap on you if you suddenly decide 'okay I dont like this bit of my characters face, it should look like x' - I have a differing opinion of how my characters should look. One minute I think they should look like this and then the next i might like 'maybe they'd probably look like..' scenario and the amount of times I've been crapped on because of that.

There is also the issue of people roleplaying mental health etc...People don't seem to like it for all the wrong reasons. Not because its triggering. But, cause you want 'attention' or some other reason. Hello? Not everyone in real life is happy and irl they arent asking for attention.

Edited by KoishiKomeiji

Some people like to watch art films. Some others prefer bland action movies involving saving the president, city or world. You don't get to choose which you enjoy, really. It's just about the kind of content that leaves you satisfied.

The same applies in RP — some people just want to roleplay young, successful characters. They're not less deserving to roleplay than you are, they just want to roleplay something different.

There's one thing RP communities of this scale have in common — they're very diverse. If you want to enjoy your time here, you need to be accepting of people's preferences in RP. No one says you have to stick to RPing with one or another group — feel free to find some like-minded RPers. There's plenty of them. But judging one group or another isn't the way to go about it.

5 hours ago, Certified Lover Boy Jola said:

I guess you're rping with the wrong people.

Edited by yerro
  • Upvote 1