too many mobs

aldo

4 minutes ago, aldo said:

its not nyc 20s, even if you want to want to describe them as italians they are like 3rd or 4th generation 'italian'. exact same with irish

The mafia has been around for a hundred years, and it’ll be around for a hundred more. Salute.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, aldo said:

its not nyc 20s, even if you want to want to describe them as italians they are like 3rd or 4th generation 'italian'. exact same with irish

I mean, I know this is kind of an American thing, but people 5-6 generations down the line describe themselves as “Irish” or “Italian” or “Russian” or whatever. That’s extremely common, if not the norm. 

And maybe not in LA/California but the Italian and Russian mob is still very much a thing in most northeastern cities. Sure, not as prevalent as the 70’s but it’s still very easy to find in this part of the country. 

6 minutes ago, King G said:

The mafia has been around for a hundred years, and it’ll be around for a hundred more. Salute.

the mafia is sicilian

not american mobsters that have italian great grannies

Edited by aldo
1 hour ago, Rickaroni said:

I mean, I know this is kind of an American thing, but people 5-6 generations down the line describe themselves as “Irish” or “Italian” or “Russian” or whatever. That’s extremely common, if not the norm. 

And maybe not in LA/California but the Italian and Russian mob is still very much a thing in most northeastern cities. Sure, not as prevalent as the 70’s but it’s still very easy to find in this part of the country. 

Yes, Americans are pretty desperate to claim to be anything but American, lol.

On another note. It is a bit odd how many "mafia's" we have running around Los Santos. I personally don't mind myself, I don't feel the factions on GTA World need to be a direct, realistic representation of modern day Los Angeles.

However at the same time, I've heard FM have a habit of refusing to let factions based around the, Yakuza for example (who are still very much active in IRL Los Angeles) due to the fact they are not as prevalent as they may have been years ago and it wouldn't be realistic enough. Let we allow mafias that physically do not exist at all in modern day LA. 

EVERY single Mafia/Mob in LA has fallen and became defunct (minus the "Italian-American" Los Angeles crime family who are the LAST mob left in the whole of Cali). However even they have lost the power they had back in the day. If you want to keep it realistic, this kind of roleplay should be restricted to small, loosely-knitted crews that do not resemble a full blown mob. 

Once again, as I said, I don't care. I'm happy to have mobs and mafias and things that don't exist in modern day LA anymore. It's a video game and we are all exploring our imaginations, it doesn't need to be a live action, fact for fact LA documentary. It's just odd how people say FM refuse to let them roleplay something that does exist in modern day LA due to their personal belief of a lack of realism yet we allow things that physically do not exist anymore and say yes, this is realistic. 

Edited by orangejuice
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, orangejuice said:

Yes, Americans are pretty desperate to claim to be anything but American, lol.

On another note. It is a bit odd how many "mafia's" we have running around Los Santos. I personally don't mind myself, I don't feel the factions on GTA World need to be a direct, realistic representation of modern day Los Angeles.

However at the same time, I've heard FM have a habit of refusing to let factions based around the, Yakuza for example (who are still very much active in IRL Los Angeles) due to the fact they are not as prevalent as they may have been years ago and it wouldn't be realistic enough. Let we allow mafias that physically do not exist at all in modern day LA. 

EVERY single Mafia/Mob in LA has fallen and became defunct (minus the "Italian-American" Los Angeles crime family who are the LAST mob left in the whole of Cali). However even they have lost the power they had back in the day. If you want to keep it realistic, this kind of roleplay should be restricted to small, loosely-knitted crews that do not resemble a full blown mob. 

Once again, as I said, I don't care. I'm happy to have mobs and mafias and things that don't exist in modern day LA anymore. It's a video game and we are all exploring our imaginations, it doesn't need to be a live action, fact for fact LA documentary. It's just odd how people say FM refuse to let them roleplay something that does exist in modern day LA due to their personal belief of a lack of realism yet we allow things that physically do not exist anymore and say yes, this is realistic. 

Here’s the thing, and I know I’ve said it before. This server’s community loves to talk about realism, and how things are IRL in Los Angeles but at the end of the day, this isn’t LA. 

LA serves as a blueprint for GTAW’s setting and it should always act as some sort of guide for how this place runs (weather, culture, etc). On the other hand, you shouldn’t disregard the lore and history that has been created throughout the years by hundreds of different roleplayers. 

The Italian Mafia is LA is pretty much gone, yes. No argument. But the mob in GTAW’s Los Santos is surviving. Unrealistic when compared to LA? Sure. Unrealistic when looking at the history of our server’s lore? Not at all. Some of these factions have been around since the beginning, starting from nothing and have grown organically through hard work and genuine Roleplay. They should be punished for that because it’s not how Los Angeles is IRL? 

Another example is how people talk about the fact that there’s cameras all over American cities that help deter street crime (purse snatching, mugging, car jackings, etc). And they’re absolutely correct. But because there’s cameras in IRL America doesn’t mean there’s cameras on GTAW’s Los Santos. If the police can’t get ahold of the street crime problem in the city then why should the street criminals limit their criminal activity? 

A third example would be Vespucci Beach and Venice Beach. GTAW’s Vespucci beach can be high crime at any point of the day. Kind of unrealistic to a lot of how Venice Beach is IRL. But this neighborhood turned shitty because of the Roleplay that occurred there. It’s gone off in a different direction to the real life counterpart but that doesn’t make it “wrong.” 

My point is this, don’t limit Roleplay because the IRL mirror to Los Santos is one way. If things have grown into something organically, and it’s based on a solid Roleplay foundation, then let it be. Let this server, and the community that plays on it, forge their own history and lore instead of constantly trying to mirror something in real life. 

• Upvote 1

There is plenty of every type of faction there, too much of some as is. We don't need more factions we need people to stop making new factions and join existing ones. There is absolutely every type of faction existing right now,  Mexican gangs, black gangs, black dto, MC's, LCN Family and two crews, white street gangs, two Armenian factions that are different to each other, Chinese street gangs, Korean OC and Street. The whole spectrum is pretty much covered even an Irish OC exists ... What more do you want?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, orangejuice said:

If someone wants to run a faction? Let them, it doesn't mater if it's Yakuza based faction or anything else, as long as it doesn't violate any server rules. It's simple as that. This is still a game, and I would be pissed if I wanted to Roleplay something like Yakuza, and not being able because FM says: "There are not as prevalent as they may have been years ago.". 

On the topic, I think the player base here is good enough and everyone can find a faction for himself to Roleplay in. I can see there are many gang factions there too, so I don't think there should be less mob factions. Let the people Roleplay whatever they want. It's too much of a micromanagement for some Team of this community, to make the perfect balance. and too many rules to abide for the normal community members. There is 600 players every night here, so I can't see why's having 10-15 mob factions a problem.