Long /me's

Ketamine Kowboy

/mes are like literature.

If you're just someone pretending to be more cultivated than they are, you'll end up with long /mes full of redundances, bad expression and poor choice of words, among other issues. And that's noted, even by not really cultivated people, and it's cringey.

If you have read some books and have at least a slight idea of what techniques professional writers use to make emphasis, dramatise, or try to convey a feeling without expressely telling what that feeling is, you'll end up with /mes that, whether short or long, really transmit without telling explicitly what's being trasmitted, subtle and elegantly. And it's noted, and it's what makes legends.

Either way, I don't see the point of this thread. While poor description in /mes will be always criticizable, I don't really think the QoL impact is so big as the OP says about being in a club and not being able to notice what's happening because some /mes are long. Learn to ignore them and to filter out what's irrelevant to your immediate scene. The ones making bad /mes today may be the ones making the greatest tomorrow.

• Upvote 1