Long /me's

Ketamine Kowboy

I don't really mind long or short /me. What I type tends to be short and straight to the point.,but that is because I'm from SAMP.

My only problem with  long /me's is how long they tend to be typed. if you are a fast typer you are ok. It kills my soul to wait minutes to buy items from a store while the employee serves everyone with novel on top of their order.

9 hours ago, Serendipity said:

Luckily this server doesn’t run on the whims and wishes of one individual player. I’m one of those people who likes to read well-written text, regardless of its length. It really helps with expanding one’s vocabulary. I only wish others would see the good in them, because most player’s /me’s are homogenized and look the exact same. The same way of wording things, same vocabulary, etc. Don’t you guys want to push yourselves?

Before anyone says ”this isn’t an English class,” it kind of is. Text role-play is like writing a book.

Now go and take a look at what I actually quoted there before you happily jump to the conclusion that you're eligible to turn your justice dispenser on lol.

Edited by yerro

I mean. It never boils down to the length of the /me, even tho that I personally think that a longer /me is more "appealing" in itself.

It always comes down to content and, in the bigger picture, char dev. A /me should be long enough and detailed enough so the situation is clear.

I personally write long /me's on most of my characters, as I like RPing unique concepts, which then need a lot of explaining and detailing.

Detailed roleplay is the best roleplay, as it helps you immerse yourself with imagination, Clutter happens either way with 100's of shit /me drinks water, rather than just a few longer /me's with more detail. I'd rather see the people doing this more often because I enjoy high detail.

Personally. I feel that this situation overall is "each to their own". We all have roleplay styles, just like someone may have a style for being a Police Officer, a Criminal (Gang Member/ etc.), or just a Day-To-Day Civilian. The context of how people roleplay shouldn't be limited or determined by any individual. - As long as the the /me and /do consists of correct grammar, English and general vocabulary. 

I don't think that there's too many people who do extensive /me and /do 's , but generally I write at length and in detail because I want my actions to be visible to the mind as much as it may be a game. I may not be the only one who does this, but I feel that the standards of certain areas enforces this extent of roleplay. Afterall. It is a "Heavy Roleplay Community" thus, enforcing it.