Long /me's

Ketamine Kowboy

Yeah, for me it really depends on what kind of roleplay I'm doing. Being in the LSFD, when I'm doing anything medical that isn't common-sense (something that's not as simple as checking your pulse) I like to include more details in my /me, details that include how the action is being performed and what kind of effect it would have your character, so you have more 'tools' to RP it properly. But when I'm just doing normal RP, I always go for shorter /me's. I don't see the point in long /me's for the sake for it being long.

As the connoisseur of long emotes

Spoiler

J1SUtVX.png

if your /me doesn't spill over into a 250 character /do dont talk to me

For real though, there's a time and a place for both. Please for the love of God don't type paragraphs of RP when you're in a crowded place, and im not sure but i feel like there's a stigma against short /me's when there shouldn't be.

Its not about the size of your /me, its about how you use it

• Upvote 3

If people wanna be descriptive, let them be descriptive. It's their roleplay. I tend to keep my roleplay short and to the point. But, in some scenarios I'll go descriptive for immersion purposes (especially if I'm not in a rush with a large group of people and it's only me and a couple of friends or just one other person - Or the situation calls for it).

It may be necessary in some cases to foster the sort of response someone may want to their roleplay. I don't think we need physics lessons in the middle of the bar or a long description of the fabric of your particular bar stool, but on the other hand, /me drinks his water sadly doesn't quite evoke the sort of response one might hope for, either.

Length doesn't necessarily indicate content, but we shouldn't criticize length if it's necessary for content, is what I suppose I'm trying to say.

19 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

/me drinks his water sadly

Oh my that /me is annoying, and there  agree it needs more length, because there are a 100,000 ways to express sadness and in that case, you need to be more specific with which one it is. In that scenario something like "/me frowns, sobbing as he drinks his water." Is infinitely better