Long /me's

Ketamine Kowboy

As the title says, what's your opinion on them, personally? I feel like it cludders the chat and is the equivalent of using big words to sound smart, exaggerated example

/me consumes a  plastic container of dihydrogen monoxide, before lowering it down onto the table, gaining assistance from the 9.807 m/s gravitational pull of the planet Tellus which we currently reside on, allegedly.

Instead of 

/me drinks his water, putting it down afterwards.

Or just

/me drinks his water.

Of course there are situations when more detail is required, like when you search someone whilst robbing them, then more detailed roleplay is required, like where you are searching, rather than just 

/me runs BLANKS shit.

What's your opinion on it, discuss

OBS: If you're going to use an example, censor the person who sent it's name, were not here to start a witch hunt.

Edited by Свето
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Woona said:

It really doesn't affect anyone at all. While some people should just keep it simple, if it does no actual harm, who cares?

2 minutes ago, Sim said:

Different writing styles for different people. Simple as that, I don't oppose to the usage of short /mes just like I don't oppose to the usage of long /mes.

Good takes on it, pet peeve of mine, makes it a headache to roleplay in clubs and in bars when you can't see what people are saying or doing because someone is filling the chat with filler. And people seem to think shortening /me's to makes you an inferior roleplayer somehow.

28 minutes ago, Свето said:

/me consumes a  plastic container of dihydrogen monoxide, before lowering it down onto the table, gaining assistance from the 9.807 m/s gravitational pull of the planet Tellus which we currently reside on, allegedly.

Damn, sounds like this person went to Harvard and got their undergrad in roleplay. 

Salt Man on Twitter: "22) Big Brain Sheen from Jimmy Neutron Gotta blast?  More like “Gotta kill”… "

Edited by changooman
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Свето said:

Good takes on it, pet peeve of mine, makes it a headache to roleplay in clubs and in bars when you can't see what people are saying or doing because someone is filling the chat with filler. And people seem to think shortening /me's to makes you an inferior roleplayer somehow.

/chatsize 120 does the trick, or /highlight