Adding rape to the list of banned offensive roleplay

Bigbadmonkey

1 minute ago, Henning said:

Ban it absolutely.

We don’t need a repeat of the closeted pedophiles we dealt with this summer. There is no logical reason you would need to RP rape and it should be banned. 

Anybody who’d think “Oh you know what would be fun RP? If we raped someone!” Is either too immature for the community or fucked in the head. 

I hundred percent agree with this dude, said exactly what I wanted to say.

1 hour ago, Bigbadmonkey said:

Wouldn't it be based to just be kidnapped without the OOC fear of your character being raped, possibly triggering some form of irl PTSD?

Why would it trigger PTSD if the person can simply say OOCly that they don't want to RP it? Rape isn't a nice thing to RP, obviously, but isn't that really up to the person RPing that char whether they want to develop him/her in that way? 

50 minutes ago, The Nation of Domination said:

But what about torture rp? @Bigbadmonkey should that be banned too? I mean, if u keep banning rape, erp, and all the offensive rp, at some point people will just leave the community. You might aswell ban every bit of violence if you go that far, and I am not saying that I support rape, torture or whatever but it happens IRL, especially in the criminal underworld. 

And yeah, this is true. How far do you go with the rules?

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Taina said:

As an actual RL survivor of rape, it's never crossed my mind to push for a ban of this type of RP.  If I deem a certain type of RP as inappropriate, I simply steer clear of it.

so ur fine with immature people busting a nut OOC to something horrific that caused someone to bust a nut IRL? im not sure i agree with you here sister, not at all. i think that mentality is deeply unsettling. why would someone ever have the need to RP this? give me a reason. we shouldn't be letting people enjoy this sort of stuff

Edited by LICE
Just now, LICE said:

so ur fine with immature people busting a nut OOC to something horrific that caused someone to bust a nut to you IRL? im not sure i agree with you here sister, not at all. i think that mentality is deeply unsettling. why would someone ever have the need to RP this? give me a reason

You're acting like criminals and gang members don't rape people IRL.

• Upvote 1

I don't want to police what RP illegal bubbles do, but I certainly don't want to encounter sexual assault/rape out in the world. I've been personally affected in the past by (multiple) scenes of attempted rape and sexual violence on this server (on my male character) and it's a very violent, uncomfortable thing OOC. That's without being involved in criminal RP.

If people willingly enter an RP initiative/faction/clique where they accept before the fact and knowingly that rape/graphic torture/other could be something at play, then that's their choice and none of my business, but I don't want to struggle with having to awkwardly void rape RP when it's pushed on me through random RP, and I think it's a topic that can be a lot more damaging than videogame violence, even when it's faded to black.

You don't know who the person behind the screen is or their lived experiences are, and I don't personally believe that a random shootout (aka not a graphic written depiction of gore and murder) in the world carries the same weight as rape, for a variety of cultural reasons.

Come on, let's not pretend this is some attempt in trying to censor all type of RP that may be offensive. This is one form of RP that upsets alot of people, from the looks of it. We're only adressing rape here, stop trying to act like this is the stepping stone for drug dealing being banned. That's just deflection.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Bigbadmonkey said:

Come on, let's not pretend this is some attempt in trying to censor all type of RP that may be offensive. This is one form of RP that upsets alot of people, from the looks of it. We're only adressing rape here, stop trying to act like this is the stepping stone for drug dealing being banned. That's just deflection.

100% this.

Just now, LICE said:

so ur fine with immature people busting a nut OOC to something horrific that caused someone to bust a nut to you IRL? im not sure i agree with you here sister, not at all. i think that mentality is deeply unsettling. why would someone ever have the need to RP this? give me a reason

I never said I was fine with it.  My point is that censoring something simply because I may not be fine with it is a dangerous path for us to start on.  

And regarding why someone would ever have the need to RP such a thing - I don't think anyone has a need to RP it.  Are we to ban any type of offensive RP that no one has a need to RP?  Because no one needs to be killing anyone.  No one needs to portray violence.  Shall we start down this path?

1 minute ago, Taina said:

I never said I was fine with it.  My point is that censoring something simply because I may not be fine with it is a dangerous path for us to start on.  

And regarding why someone would ever have the need to RP such a thing - I don't think anyone has a need to RP it.  Are we to ban any type of offensive RP that no one has a need to RP?  Because no one needs to be killing anyone.  No one needs to portray violence.  Shall we start down this path?

2 minutes ago, Bigbadmonkey said: