Adding rape to the list of banned offensive roleplay

Bigbadmonkey

But what about torture rp? @Bigbadmonkey should that be banned too? I mean, if u keep banning rape, erp, and all the offensive rp, at some point people will just leave the community. You might aswell ban every bit of violence if you go that far, and I am not saying that I support rape, torture or whatever but it happens IRL, especially in the criminal underworld. 

11 minutes ago, The Nation of Domination said:

But what about torture rp? @Bigbadmonkey should that be banned too? I mean, if u keep banning rape, erp, and all the offensive rp, at some point people will just leave the community. You might aswell ban every bit of violence if you go that far, and I am not saying that I support rape, torture or whatever but it happens IRL, especially in the criminal underworld. 

For me that’s just not the same type of disturbing roleplay, it’s not sexual in nature. Is it really a loss if people leave over not being able to do rape rp? People leave over rape happening to their character aswell, even jus attempts.

8 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Just to confirm, you're asking for rape as a WHOLE be banned from the server, no FTB, no mention, nothing? 

Same vein as what you mentioned in your original post, cannibalize, bestiality, etc.  

Personally I would just remove rp revolving around that yes. That’s up to the admins and the community to decide what rule should be enforced anyways. Maybe just have it be part of your character backstory at most? Idk.

Edited by Bigbadmonkey

Rape is banned without ooc consent from both parties and every other party who witness it, also in areas where the chances of being stumbled upon are high.

If you dont like rape already you'll never witness it or have to RP it.

you play a 18+ game, you murder people, blow their brains, cut heads off, bury bodies, run over people, shoot at cops ,commit grand robberies, but...?

So why this suggestion?

Edited by zaXer.
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
16 minutes ago, The Nation of Domination said:

IRL there are also a lot of more things but we shouldn't avoid to ban a thing from the game just because it happens also IRL, we have to balance a video game.

Anyway, never rp'd a rapist and got no interest in but as long as you need the consent OOC of the victim I would keep the rule as it is.

Edited by vally
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, zaXer. said:

Rape is banned without ooc consent from both parties and every other party who witness it, also in areas where the chances of being stumbled upon are high.

If you dont like rape already you'll never witness it or have to RP it.

you play a 18+ game, you murder people, blow their brains, cut heads off, bury bodies, run over people, shoot at cops ,commit grand robberies, but...?

So why this suggestion?

He stated in the 2nd paragraph from the bottom that even if both parties consent to the RP, everybody who RP's around the victims and/or the rapist might not.

Also the 18+ argument doesn't hold weight when we already have rules in place for players who might be under the age of 18+.

IF rape roleplay is allowed at all, it should be strictly fade-to-black

I'm a little biased on completely disallowing it since a large part of my character is exploring trauma and recovery roleplay; rediscovering your agency and rebuilding boundaries, stuff like that. I've got my own traumas and handling them through writing has made things easier even if it's heavy. The fact that you can't escape how fucked up the world is is difficult to deal with.

Maybe taking out the weird freak-o sexual gratification possibility by only allowing FTB would be a cool middle ground to still allow people to live out their fantasies of mauling nonces and having epic recovery roleplay, but I also kind of don't trust people with respectful representation and it might still do more harm than good. I understand just being asked for perms can be triggering, but there are a lot of other triggering topics that need no perms at all so it's weird. Let me know what you think because I'm not 100% sure on this.

P.S. I don't like ERP either but I feel like equating sex RP to rape RP is belittling the heinousness of sexual violence, by the way, so I really don't think this is the thread for that. 😞 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

He stated in the 2nd paragraph from the bottom that even if both parties consent to the RP, everybody who RP's around the victims and/or the rapist might not.

Also the 18+ argument doesn't hold weight when we already have rules in place for players who might be under the age of 18+.

Rape is banned without ooc consent from both parties and every other party who witness it