4 Driving permits and Permanent Driving Bans

Busch

So law talky talk time: Apparently there already is a habitual traffic offender clause that PD/SD can act on without assistance from the Courts or DA's:

1215.) License suspensions, unless specifically dictated otherwise for specific traffic-related offenses, may be issued after a certain number of offenses on a particular charge have been accumulated on someone's record. These suspensions may last no longer than seven days, and may only be issued after the 3rd offense of a specific charge upon officer discretion. This shall be applicable to all charges listed under Title IV. 

tl;dr three strikes for something already suspendable and you're out (for seven days).

1 hour ago, Redman. said:

So law talky talk time: Apparently there already is a habitual traffic offender clause that PD/SD can act on without assistance from the Courts or DA's:

1215.) License suspensions, unless specifically dictated otherwise for specific traffic-related offenses, may be issued after a certain number of offenses on a particular charge have been accumulated on someone's record. These suspensions may last no longer than seven days, and may only be issued after the 3rd offense of a specific charge upon officer discretion. This shall be applicable to all charges listed under Title IV. 

tl;dr three strikes for something already suspendable and you're out (for seven days).

I totally get it and heavily support IC methods of tackling the problem, but they aren't working. At some point it becomes an OOC issue since these IC methods don't work for the most part. You have to catch them first and a lot of these casual players who drive like its GTA:Online aren't ever bothered with by PD. Not insinuating PD doesn't do their jobs, but if they are at a stand still and someone is going 100 mph past them, client restrictions make it hard to give a good chase. Catching them once is hard enough, let alone three times. Fines and losing their license isn't enough. There's no regard for the IC traffic laws with a lot of people.

Edited by Juicebox

I think it's too debilitating to ban somebody from driving a car on GTA:W.  Until we get things like trams, trains and actual bus services people need a car.  So, as a counter-suggestion, how about after 3 strikes you are only allowed to drive rentals, with the speedlimiter fixed to 30?  A punishment but they can still get places.

13 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

I think it's too debilitating to ban somebody from driving a car on GTA:W.  Until we get things like trams, trains and actual bus services people need a car.  So, as a counter-suggestion, how about after 3 strikes you are only allowed to drive rentals, with the speedlimiter fixed to 30?  A punishment but they can still get places.

The Shame Mobile 😂 I can get behind that idea

Get suspended enough times and you can only get a Faggio.

Can't wait to see Mod gangs arise around it.

In all seriousness though, something needs to be done. Don't know if this is the solution or not. I think permanent bans are a very debilitating thing for a character, and most people will abandon a character who can't access a driver's license. It just gets really exhausting, watching going 120 in city areas, crashing and just doing a quick ((/b woops desync??)) and going on with their day because people who drive normally don't want to RP being T-boned and hospitalized 10 times a week.

Edited by Koko