4 Driving permits and Permanent Driving Bans

Busch

10 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Lol, if you think the courts and police work like that AND think this is going to somehow change driving I’d love to see your face when this backfires on you. What are you gonna suggest then, the removal of cars all together?

I'd like to point out that your argumentation which involves me in future events is quite fallacious and I'm certain I would have no problem whatsoever in your projected future.

-Please explain, why should cars be removed all together?

-What does it matter if courts or police do not like it? it's needed because the majority of the server population wants a change. 

-Im basing myself due to past events which have not been unchanged not future.

-And with your posted solution, with your logic would turn up as. The PD applies to the courts to remove you from the streets, until they win that you are able to keep driving correct? However you also mentioned that even getting that punishment wont stop you from driving recklessly. So perhaps it might not stop you from racing around, but it sure would stop others.

-This gives time for your character to think through his actions whilst driving, just like a ban appeal would. However this is an IC consequence.

Also the only future projection I have is that there will be a greater percentage of drivers who choose to stop, than the ones who choose not to.

Edited by Chuck Lee
11 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

-Please explain, why should cars be removed all together?

Read it again.

12 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

-What does it matter if courts or police do not like it? it's needed because the majority of the server population wants a change. 

Read it again.

-Im basing myself due to past events which have not been unchanged not future.

Are you typing on a phone?

-And with your posted solution, with your logic would turn up as. The PD applies to the courts to remove you from the streets, until they win that you are able to keep driving correct? However you also mentioned that even getting that punishment wont stop you from driving recklessly. So perhaps it might not stop you from racing around, but it sure would stop others.

No, I'd much rather have it seen dealt with IC as it should. This is a roleplay server, and the courts are already working on it. So instead of imposing some half-assed "solution" I'd much rather have people who actually know their law, know how to implement it and how to write it do it instead. Through IC means, where it's actually held accountable to the relevant system it's being applied to. 

15 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

-This gives time for your character to think through his actions whilst driving, just like a ban appeal would. However this is an IC consequence.

I agree! Arbitrary prolonged imprisonment, involuntary court processes and harassment is a fantastic way to keep people on the server! Bonus points because they'll totally start driving like it's real life, and not a game. I actually don't think yours is a balanced and considerate suggestion at all. To me it just seems like it comes more from a position of somebody who has a pet peeve with how other people drive. I get that you want to see people drive like it's real life, but that's just not gonna happen the way you expect it to. You're gonna keep seeing people do stupid stuff. You have people who drive too fast IRL too, you have people that cut lanes IRL too, and you have a plethora of other things that happen IRL too. If you have a character that does nothing but drive around like it's a stunt server, then I concede on that point but I'd much rather just see that person spoken to by an administrator. An OOC thing like this just hurts far more people than you're looking to hurt. As eluded above, the courts are already looking into this ICly. 

Of course however someone needs to script the possibility of this bein able to be seen by others. As in marks on the permit. So maybe your recruiter sees how many marks you have, or anyone you show your permit to. However this is the best to be dealt with IC on terms of applying for it to be changed. But still places where you get the permit are also needed.

6 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

Of course however someone needs to script the possibility of this bein able to be seen by others. As in marks on the permit. So maybe your recruiter sees how many marks you have, or anyone you show your permit to. However this is the best to be dealt with IC on terms of applying for it to be changed. But still places where you get the permit are also needed.

What do you need to script? Which recruiter? Why would that information be public at all? That's literally not how any of this works. You can't see how many points someone has by looking at their license. Are you drunk? You're applying for it to be changed OOCly?

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

What do you need to script? Which recruiter? Why would that information be public at all? That's literally not how any of this works. You can't see how many points someone has by looking at their license. Are you drunk? You're applying for it to be changed OOCly?

Script license centers.

Perhaps a company recruiter wants to hire a trucker, he checks at the warnings or points on the permit. Wdym am I drunk? It's an option and this thread is open for discussions.

And it doesn't need to work a certain way, because we are in LS remember? It can work a new way, just like the entire economy.

17 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

Script license centers.

Perhaps a company recruiter wants to hire a trucker, he checks at the warnings or points on the permit. Wdym am I drunk? It's an option and this thread is open for discussions.

And it doesn't need to work a certain way, because we are in LS remember? It can work a new way, just like the entire economy.

We already have a DMV? And the warnings/points on your license aren't stamps a cop sticks to your license, lol. A recruiter wouldn't be able to check that by just looking at a license.

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

We already have a DMV? And the warnings/points on your license aren't stamps a cop sticks to your license, lol. A recruiter wouldn't be able to check that by just looking at a license.

Why not, it's a possiblity, perhaps.

Or maybe the recruiter can request them when hiring the individual.

There's many options.

Also the DMV can grant the other 3 permits specified.

While license for different type of vehicles would be cool sure, the other stuff no thanks. Unless ped traffic and a mod like better top speeds and acceleration is added.

There's "no" traffic. It's a game. Sometimes you lag. Sometime you type and crash your car. Sometimes You tab out. Sometimes there's no one around and there's those yellow thingies in the middle of the freeway calling your name. You already encounter cops an unrealistic amount of times because of our population, and they all want to traffic rp with you. (sorry for generalizing all u cop rpers)

so yay for a more in depth license system, but nay for cops banning you from driving. Taxi biz would be boomin tho.

Cars are really slow too but if we had better top speeds there would be a reason to break more often, and also if you do 200 mph that's reason for having your license revoked. You know mods like: