Drug Market Revamp

afrosamurai

Instead of just going round and round, why not throw in some ideas? We can all agree that drug circulation is fucked up as it reaches it's third or fourth exchange, less or more. We can all also agree that the player that gets "stuck" with the weight, can't move it all to a really few people who RP drug addicts, another fact we can agree on. So how should others get rid of it if there's no one to sell to? /trashitem?

The NPC solution has more good sides than bad at this moment, you're all saying it kills "Roleplay", but it can't be killed if there's nothing to roleplay when you get stuck with a high priced product, and no players to sell it to.

Say NPC's only pay you back 50 percent of the drug price or something like that? So it doesn't get "farmed" / "abused"?

Edited by Escobar
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Escobar said:

Instead of just going round and round, why not throw in some ideas? We can all agree that drug circulation is fucked up as it reaches it's third or fourth exchange, less or more. We can all also agree that the player that gets "stuck" with the weight, can't move it all to a really few people who RP drug addicts, another fact we can agree on. So how should others get rid of it if there's no one to sell to? /trashitem?

The NPC solution has more good sides than bad at this moment, you're all saying it kills "Roleplay", but it can't be killed if there's nothing to roleplay when you get stuck with a high priced product, and no players to sell it to.

Say NPC's only pay you back 50 percent of the drug price or something like that? So it doesn't get "farmed" / "abused"?

I guess you’re lacking the contacts if you are saying that no one is buying drugs. I never had a issue to sell my product so I don’t see why we would want to NPC such a thing. I know plenty of people who is roleplaying using narcotics, on different occasions. Might be a issue that I’ve not encountered but to bring in NPCs to sell to? No thanks.

25 minutes ago, ez said:

I guess you’re lacking the contacts if you are saying that no one is buying drugs. I never had a issue to sell my product so I don’t see why we would want to NPC such a thing. I know plenty of people who is roleplaying using narcotics, on different occasions. Might be a issue that I’ve not encountered but to bring in NPCs to sell to? No thanks.

I guess you misunderstood my point of view here, let me break it down for you, also not sure why you mention my contacts here, but this is not about me as well as you, we can move weight when it comes down to us yeah? We just call our guys and stick them up to get rid of it? Or get rid of it on our own? It doesn't matter either way. So from there on, the guys have the product on their hands, they move it to another friend of theirs and so on. But, what happens then? With each exchange the drug get's more expensive as everyone's trying to make profits from it, but, the last guy got stuck with the product, that's what I'm talking about here, not us and our boys, you see what I mean? It's not about having close connections here, we just get rid of it. It's about the guy who's stuck with the overpriced product with no open doors to sell it to on, or as me and others are stating very few drug addicts.

This leads to clogging, doesn't it? How to unclog? Easy, add NPC's, you don't like the idea? Be our guest and suggest a better one, we're here to work on a solution that pleases us all.

Edited by Escobar

For starters they can change the benefits of taking certain drugs. I.e I don't get how shit like LSD makes you carry more weight, in what world would that benefit anyone..... How about making all of the drugs on the server give a health boost just like how weed and coke does. It'd even it out, make /all/ of the drugs on the server desirable which in turn would /LESSEN/ the issues we're having now. Right now what anyone wants is coke and weed. No other drugs unless they're for RP purposes. That's an idea for starters, anyone is open to disagree with me

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Bandolero said:

For starters they can change the benefits of taking certain drugs. I.e I don't get how shit like LSD makes you carry more weight, in what world would that benefit anyone..... How about making all of the drugs on the server give a health boost just like how weed and coke does. It'd even it out, make /all/ of the drugs on the server desirable which in turn would /LESSEN/ the issues we're having now. Right now what anyone wants is coke and weed. No other drugs unless they're for RP purposes. That's an idea for starters, anyone is open to disagree with me

Health boosts should definitely go on all drugs.  You feel invincible.  Nothing wrong with an added bonus to a few of them though.  Only carry boost should be steroids or something though, maybe a damage boost.

Edited by Bryar1427
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Bryar1427 said:

Health boosts should definitely go on all drugs.  You feel invincible.  Nothing wrong with an added bonus to a few of them though.  Only carry boost should be steroids or something though, maybe a damage boost.

Yeah 100%. Steroids can make you do more dmg with melee weapons or punching but like I said, literally giving all of the drugs (expect a couple) a health boost when taken would solve the issue. It'd even everything out so that coke and weed isn't dominating the market because that's the only drug that anyone wants. Why? Because it gives you a health boost. Problem solved, didn't need 13 pages of back and fourth.

I'm sure adding those benefits would help consuming heroin and meth but at the same time I'm not that confident it is a one in all solution. Why? Because those are extremely hard drugs that are greatly stigmatized.

Myself and others on this thread who have supported this idea think the NPC buyers is still much needed to liven this stale drug market. 

3 hours ago, Bandolero said:

What about a sliding stat scale that simulates addiction without forcing a player through an addiction like automatic health loss? Or is a stat boost/negative not enough of an incentive? Honestly not a fan of boosts, but I do see the obvious problem with lack of users.

• First Use: 10% Positive Boost / 1% Negative Boost (Lasts X minutes)
  • Second Use: 9% Positive Boost / 2% Negative Boost (Lasts X plus 1 minutes)
  • Third Use: 8% Positive Boost / 3 % Negative Boost (Lasts X plus 2 minutes)
  • Fourth Use: 7% Positive Boost / 4% Negative Boost (Lasts X plus 3 minutes)
  • Fifth Use: 6% Positive Boost / 5% Negative Boost (Lasts X plus 4 minutes)

Percentages and numbers are just examples and effects could be adjusted depending on the drug, but basically even by the fifth use, the positive still outweighs the negative by a slight amount. The more you use it, the longer the boosts/negatives get to encourage repeat use. Even though you have to deal with negative effects longer, you get the positive effect longer as well. Then the cycle repeats. Maybe require a cool down between uses to prevent abuse and encourage realistic use? I kind of just came up with this as a very rudimentary idea to build on if it's something that makes sense.

I suggested this in a previous post to make a more balanced system and at least somewhat simulate addiction without forcing people into a long term negative scenario.

Edited by Juicebox
1 hour ago, changooman said:

I'm sure adding those benefits would help consuming heroin and meth but at the same time I'm not that confident it is a one in all solution. Why? Because those are extremely hard drugs that are greatly stigmatized.

Myself and others on this thread who have supported this idea think the NPC buyers is still much needed to liven this stale drug market. 

What you're suggesting is a fix now, right away type of thing which in short term could work but in the long term would ruin RP around drugs all together. You can't tell me you'd willingly sit there for hours "RPing" with yourself in order to gain some form of payment from a "NPC". Like many have said before, it's going to be so weird. 10+ people sitting on the corner, everyone is gonna know why they're sitting there. It ruins the whole aspect of why everyone is here, to RP with one another. There's NO RISK at all with having an NPC to sell drugs to. This isn't meant to be "grind out a shit load of hours to get rich", you'll single handedly make selling drugs into another fishing, farming and taxi job. Only there to pick up a pay check. 

LSRP is a prime example of where the drug market flourishes. Why? All drugs have a health boost. Which makes ALL drugs desirable, even heroin and meth. Yes, there should be a down side to taking these drugs but again you don't want it to ruin what it's there for, if you implement ridiculous side effects to drugs it will put you back on square one.

Not to shit on your parade but this is the harsh reality. No one in their right mind should agree that the solution to the drug market problem is to implement NPCs. There's so many other better alternatives such as what I've mentioned and what @Juicebox has mentioned. No one likes the boosts that drugs give you but in reality, that's the only thing that's going to draw people to consuming more drugs.

@Juicebox I'd be happy to even revise what you've done in depth and even repost something which I know for certain everyone would agree with and that's a MUCH more better solution. Even create a separate  thread to showcase it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic