Drug Market Revamp

afrosamurai

2 hours ago, knppel said:

As for the op's described problem of one person ruining the weed market in two weeks-

How is that guy still alive and his plantage not burned down if he actually interfered in a market local crime syndicates claim control over?

Just me thinking

It’s not that easy. For one, a lot of us don’t Roleplay as those ghetto gunslinger cocaine cowboy types that would just blatantly burn down an operation that could cause a war.

Secondly, we know it’s happening because we can see it through faction threads or just being told OOC’ly. But there’s no way that relates to our IG characters. IC’ly you hear that prices are going down, or your usual buyers are going through someone else. But from where? And for how much? Who are these people? These are all IC questions that just aren’t being answered. So without metagaming, you’re in the dark. And I’m totally okay with that. 

It’s a simple example of supply and demand. Giving away seeds causes the supply to skyrocket. Why would I pay someone to make me something when I can make it myself at a lower cost? If you’re trying to save money you don’t go out to eat, you make dinner at home. 

The other argument can be made that they can do whatever they want, it’s their seeds, it’s their characters, they can sell or grow or destroy as many as they see fit. And sure, of course they can. But I’d also argue that it’s poor Roleplay portrayal of an illegal crime syndicate to give someone the keys to the factory that makes the golden eggs. 

Either way, the rest of us need to adapt to the new changes or find a new method of making money. 

• Upvote 2

Or maybe let's keep IC things IC?

If you are selling seeds to other faction it is quite logical that you won't be able to sell them weed anymore. They will grow it themselves. 

You made your X decision based on IC basis. You got a lot of profit out of it. Now you have IC consequences. Deal with it. Don't try to find OOC solutions or script help to sell your drugs. It's just not how it works.

If your "consumer" who bought seeds from you is starting to sell seeds or weed himself. Deal with it. Figure it IC'ly. 

Weed market was always messy. It's not logical to pay 100-150$/g while buying in bulk. That's not how it should work. If street price will stay around 150-180$/g - it's all fine. If the market is open and we have more people who are growing, customers can choose based on a simple economy factors. They are buying weed for 50$/g and selling it on the streets for 150$/g. They are making 100$/g profit. If you want to solve weed economy problems - try to work on it IC and think about selling your business concept to other criminal structures.

When it comes to other drugs, I would say that the market is messy in general or the current suppliers are trying to offer "crazy" prices, that's why nobody (or at least way less ppl) are less interested in selling meth/heroin or X. Work on your prices and make good offers. Then people will buy it.

Edited by Shvag

I can agree that the drug market was absolutely ruined by the changes made to weed seeds/growing weed, but I can't agree with this suggestion. This would benefit my faction greatly, but realistically speaking; those of us who tried to prevent this months beforehand were accused of hoarding weed seeds. 

image.thumb.png.2ce30340797e8512de8ce903457214e9.png

I don't believe support staff creating consumer characters or NPCs are the solution here, and there are most definitely users at the bottom level (Most of which reside by the Davis LTD). I think what needs to happen is that the weed seed system needs to be fixed and the drug system in general needs an overhaul; providing players with some sort of clear cut benefit that doesn't just involve deathmatching or carrying items around, once we create a new market for drugs through providing actual benefits, the demand will go up, but at this point: marijuana is absolutely ruined for everyone.

Edited by UTOPIA
1 hour ago, Rickaroni said:

It’s not that easy. For one, a lot of us don’t Roleplay as those ghetto gunslinger cocaine cowboy types that would just blatantly burn down an operation that could cause a war.

I was overexaggerating there, obviously- there's other means. It can be tricky to find out ic who does such things (easy solution to prevent metagaming: Don't watch screenshot threads), but it's certainly not impossible-

you count out a bunch of simple methods yourself, i.e. trying to find the source through (now former) customers and eventually win them back.

Starting a war is also not the only option- in the op's example it is a single operator, for a start, so eliminating them from the market will not cause a war right away (lacking powers in the back to fight for retribution). Violence is also not the only possible solution- a financially solid organisation might also simply buy bulk cheap once they found the supplier and then take over the distribution by simple capitalistic methods.

The weed script might also be out of balance, I've not digged into that nor observed the long term developement so I couldn't say, but that's quite astray from this topic here by now anyway.

A clear yes from me, the whole legal side of the server has some OOC support in getting money. If you go out fishing, you don't have to interact with a player either to sell your fish. It's just not fair that we're told to /deal/ with it ICly when the rest of the server doesn't, maybe it shouldn't be implemented exact this way the thread creator described it but the drug system REALLY needs a re-vamp... 

EDIT: Also, if you're solely based on Legal RP please keep your opinion out if you're not going to bring suggestions. If you can not relate you do not know how bad it is.

Edited by stijn
  • Upvote 2

Everyone is a supplier for whatever reason. I got lucky finding a faction that maintains a relatively realistic drug environment, but outside of that if you're going for a quick fix because your character needs it you're usually confronted with people who want to sell you 500 this, 250 of that.

There are numerous things that could be done to cut down on script-abuse and non-rp. One example would be placing an individual limit on how much could be sold, so that people are pushing ridiculous amounts in a day to a non-rp entity. People could also show screens of them trying to sell drugs and ask for compensation if unable. 

Since last saturday roughly 1500 plants have been created, at top "level" of harvesting that's 45 kilos or weed ready to hit the streets provided all was harvested for weed and not seeds. This is clearly getting out of hand and rapidly. But hey, staff put it in place let's reap the rewards. 

45 kilos has a street value of just below 7 million. Calculated at $150 a gram.

1500 seeds on ~ street value is 15 millions calculated at 10k/seed, 12 million at 8k/seed

It's sad to see this happen but also amazing to see the greed that fuels this inevitable crash.

In a few weeks time everyone and their friend will be buying kilos of weed for sub $100 just watch and the price will continue to go down until effectively the same greed that made the seed sellers quick money will fuck them and their customers over because the market will go stale because the supply simply is endless. 

Edit; if all 1500 gets harvested for seeds that 3000 seeds and at current value that's 30 millions lmao

Edited by krille120
11 minutes ago, krille120 said:

Since last saturday roughly 1500 plants have been created, at top "level" of harvesting that's 45 kilos or weed ready to hit the streets provided all was harvested for weed and not seeds. This is clearly getting out of hand and rapidly. But hey, staff put it in place let's reap the rewards. 

45 kilos has a street value of just below 7 million. Calculated at $150 a gram.

1500 seeds on ~ street value is 15 millions calculated at 10k/seed, 12 million at 8k/seed

It's sad to see this happen but also amazing to see the greed that fuels this inevitable crash.

In a few weeks time everyone and their friend will be buying kilos of weed for sub $100 just watch and the price will continue to go down until effectively the same greed that made the seed sellers quick money will fuck them and their customers over because the market will go stale because the supply simply is endless. 

Edit; if all 1500 gets harvested for seeds that 3000 seeds and at current value that's 30 millions lmao

But I don't actually see that many people roleplay that much around weed, so who's buying it lol

• Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic