Drug Market Revamp

afrosamurai

2 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

i.e. Why aren't the mob/whoever going out, torching other peoples drug labs / weed gardens and removing the opposition? How often does that actually happen?

Because this isn't a movie or Mexico and that rarely happens in reality, in reality there's enough demand. Its not an IC issue because the usage of drugs is at an unrealistically low rate. Also there are like three drug suppliers, who actually get drops on a monthly basis AFAIK, other drugs do well while some don't and the drugs that do well do lesser numbers in reality, we can't resolve this issue with unrealistic IC interaction, it's an OOC problem.

3 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

I respectfully disagree.

You're asking for a scripted solution to be made to provide a work around for an issue that should be resolved IC.

Reduce the number of drugs on the market and the prices will rise. Keep the market flooded and they will fall.

Again, you're completely ignoring the fact that the market, on a realistic level, is not there. You're just saying resolved IC but that still will not help with the demand for hard drugs IC or OOCly. 

Edited by changooman
2 hours ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

I respectfully disagree.

You're asking for a scripted solution to be made to provide a work around for an issue that should be resolved IC.

Reduce the number of drugs on the market and the prices will rise. Keep the market flooded and they will fall.

Okay let's take your point and test it out theoretically. You expect Conti, an LCN faction who strives on being lowkey to beef with let's say K-Town because they sell too much drugs? It wouldn't be realistic for either faction and this is not the case in real life, we're expecting factions to roleplay realistically, you're basically asking them to have a turf war over a market that would need more supply.

Edited by Certified Lover Boy Jola

I'd also like to point out that I've explicitly said this should be a feature for non supplier official factions. Therefore? K-Town would not be able to benefit directly due to this rule so no abuse takes place. 

However maybe a rule could be added so official supplier factions can take a small percentage from sales from subsidiaries or other factions if an agreement was made? I'd like to stress though that this is really for providing content and really buffing the drug side of the economy on GTA World. 

With that said, I am not putting this idea out so I can make a quick buck. I have more than enough money in character. I want to see GTA World flourish with this addition and really to solve a problem I've seen across serious roleplay servers. 

There's always more than one way to fix an IC solution.

Sure, you could go to a turf war, but if you want to avoid conflict you could also sit down with other crime bosses and agree a fixed price. Then you'd be able to focus your efforts on keeping your turf free from independents.

If you can fix the prices and run a black market  through negotiation and avoid too much violence, then that feels very in fitting with crime syndicates.

10 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

There's always more than one way to fix an IC solution.

Sure, you could go to a turf war, but if you want to avoid conflict you could also sit down with other crime bosses and agree a fixed price. Then you'd be able to focus your efforts on keeping your turf free from independents.

If you can fix the prices and run a black market  through negotiation and avoid too much violence, then that feels very in fitting with crime syndicates.

Yeah you're a legal roleplayer who has no idea what illegal roleplay actually IS, so please stop commenting here.

Suggestion is great.

Edited by Sacred

I got to agree with @Свето here, the solution on a player-driven roleplay server should never be NPC's, no matter how dire the situation is. It would remove a big element of the player to player interaction and add another "beef" element, Davis/Chamberlain would be in shambles and look like a modern take of the wars in Iraq.

Just like the wise man above me states, what needs to be done is to revamp the entire drug system, the reason why Weed and Cocaine are the only drugs that actively float and move is that they provide the only tangible effect that matters to the player. Whilst it is true that some players seek the harder drugs for the sake of roleplay, such is rarely the case, and that is solely based on the effects the drug provide. 
The positive effects for the harder drugs need to be revamped whilst all drugs should have a more noticeable drawback to it. 

@Alyssa McCarthy
The reason why this is an OOC issue and not an IC issue is because of the effects the drugs provide for the users. At the end of the day this is a game, and whilst most people won't admit it, most players still have a hint of play to win mentality, that's just how we're programmed, we strive to win. That is the only reason why Cocaine and Weed are the most prominent drugs that are being sold and used on the server because they provide a boost to your health. 

Whilst the other drugs pretty much provides you with some extra space in your inventory. 
See the difference there? One of the effects provides a massive benefit in-game, a benefit that can mean the difference between life and death, while the other one provides more of a "neat" to have feature. 

@Vulcar
This homie also touched on something very important, all though this problem is bigger than just a drug problem they tie together. PEOPLE NEED TO ROLEPLAY EMOTIONS PROPERLY, god damn I can't remember how many times I've discussed this topic. People need to roleplay their emotions properly, if you kill another human, no matter how cold you are, you're gonna feel a certain way after it, especially if you're a teenager. You're gonna need some coping mechanisms, the most common out of those are drugs and alcohol. 
This is something that has to be pushed down from the leaders of all factions that have members that risks ending up in scenarios where their mental state would be fucked up.

Alright, what about instead of NPC's we use the staff team? Each member of the staff team receives an addition character slot which they use for a "buyer" character. This character would be whatever type of "drug user" from psychedelic loving hippies to crackheads looking for their next high that the staff member wants to portray. Give them an incentive like the world points they get for reviewing applications for buying drugs from street gangs and street level dealers. Boom, now you've got an end user who will be coming around the block looking to pick up AND it has the added benefit of allowing staff members the ability to discreetly check the RP quality of factions and players.

Let's be honest, the civilian population on this server is not going to magically start buying drugs and even if they did, it wouldn't even be a drop in the bucket compared to how many buyers the drug economy actually needs to be profitable and fun. This isn't a perfect solution but it's a step in the right direction without adding NPC's or weird drug hot spots.

Edited by Henning
  • Wuhtah locked and unlocked this topic
  • Wuhtah locked this topic