Stopping the skip of RP in jewelry stores

adirthefirst

Short description: 1. People purchase a jewelry with /createitem, then they get access to browsing the certain jewelry which an employee needs to accept like in garages.

2.Making the jewelry industry more realistic by letting those who purchase a watch/bracelet/chain at a unique item scripted shop the option to purchase the actual watch from the server scripted store. The main intention here is to stop players from skipping the RP of getting a jewelry at the actual store where people RP it. If there's another way to make this happen I'd be open for other suggestion and if I find it better I'll change this post.

Detailed description: 1. We can either do it this way like garages, people who bought a watch with /createitem will then press y to get access to the browsing system of the watch and wait for access from one of the employees, just like garages! Seems like the best idea so far.

2. These days we have many jewelry and clothing stores which are owned by players and act as an open business and not scripted by the server, when I say that I refer to the open business as the one with the "unique item script" and server scripted are the stores that are always open for the crowd. My suggestion is to keep both, (or else if there's a better solution for the issue I will present here) but only those who purchased a watch/bracelet/chain in a unique item store would be able to purchase the actual item in the scripted store, they would browse the most similar watch to the one they purchased at the actual store (with the unique item script). With this idea going live we could make the jewelry industry more realistic. There are already people who do what I said here - purcahse at unique item shop first, then the server scripted one - but they're rare, the goal here is to make every player to do that and not skip the unique item store part.

Commands to add: For suggetsion 1: None, just add the server script jewelry browsing system to /createitem store and we're good to go.

For suggestion 2: when using /createitem adding the type watch/bracelet/chain - then, when heading to a server scripted store, the code would catch there items and see the watch/bracelet/chain type and let them purchase the item.

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?: 1. It would give players the actual RP of purchasing a watch with an actual sales assistant at the store.

2. It would also make more sense to have that while the server has multiple unique item jewelry stores. Because some people say "Why would I purchase a watch at the jewelry store and pay a few grands when I can just head to the server scripted one and purchase an actual watch for that appears on my character for $300?" This is not realistic at all and something has to be done with that.

3. It would make the quality RP in the server higher as it's more realistic to do because we would not have the option to skip the RP. 

Additional comments:

Skipping the RP of buying a jewelry it's like skipping the RP at the garage after you upgrade your car - Both take time, I do agree that buying a jewelry usually takes less time but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be RPed.

This is purely my idea, I am looking to see if I can get support from other players. Let me know your thoughts. I feel like there's a missed opportunity gor great roleplay when not doing this.

Seems like I'm not the first one and it's a real thing that needs to go live.

Edited by AdirK1
  • Upvote 18
  • Applaud 2

I actually agree with the whole unique item concept since it’s an item that’s more prone to being stolen compared to any other piece of your outfit.

Only problem I’ve experienced is finding these open stores later at night when it’s the only time I’m able to play.

• mj2002 locked this topic