Allow everyone to access /vfix

ThomasNoman

Short description: /vfix for everyone

Detailed description: /vfix for everyone

Commands to add:

Items to add:

How would your suggestion improve the server?

At the end of the day, we can just easily /vpark and /vget to fix our vehicles either from an unintended crash that you encounter alone or because of desync, or whatever reason, if there's no other parties involved, who would care about you using /vpark and /vget to fix your vehicles? With that being said, why don't we just simply make it easier by allowing /vfix? —Because it's acceptable anyway. Rarely, there'd be someone going to a garage for a vehicle repair, which with /vfix, you can still do it for roleplay. The purpose of this command is to OOCly fix your vehicle.

One requirement though, the engine of the vehicle must be off when using /vfix. This is to prevent using /vfix mid-vehicle-chase or something like that, but I doubt someone's gonna use it regardless— you'd still have to roleplay if crashed.

If this suggestion sounds good, then we can probably move on to this

Additional information:

Edited by ThomasNoman

I think the disappearance and reappearance of the vehicle is a good indicator of someone misusing the command to fix their vehicle during a situation where they shouldn’t. I can just imagine people using it during pursuits to avoid consequences.

I think the current process is fine.

1 minute ago, Law said:

I think the disappearance and reappearance of the vehicle is a good indicator of someone misusing the command to fix their vehicle during a situation where they shouldn’t. I can just imagine people using it during pursuits to avoid consequences.

I think the current process is fine.

I haven't roleplayed illegal characters, so I don't know this, but do your vehicles slow down after some minor crashes like in a pursuit for example, you hit the highway barrier slightly on your side?

I do not support this. You can just /vp and /vg your vehicle or just /changechar and then come back so therefore this command doesn't have much use. I can also see it being misused a lot as well. Whenever 1.1 is fixed so GTAW can upgrade to it, this command will be even more useless because of how better sync will be. I just think a /vfix command would be a useless and unnecessary command.

Edited by tomatoz
Just now, ThomasNoman said:

I haven't roleplayed illegal characters, so I don't know this, but do your vehicles slow down after some minor crashes like in a pursuit for example, you hit the highway barrier slightly on your side?

No they don’t but there is a lack of integrity between players. Picture a suspect getting rammed and slammed around only for them to get far enough, fix their vehicle and claim certain damages never happened, like shot out tires. Whereas the disappearance of their vehicle would be a better hint as to what they’re pulling on you. Goes both ways.